What Do You Use Your Tablet For?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by BillyTech95, Mar 12, 2014.

1. BillyTech95

BillyTech95 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7, Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core/Windows 8)
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 and Acer Iconia W700 a Windows 8 tablet.

I use them to Surf the web(Facebook,Twitter), Watching videos, playing games, Taking notes, checking the Weather, reading the news and i am going to start video editing on my Acer Iconia W700 soon because it lags very badly on my laptop.

I don't use my laptop as much because of my tablets and i use Galaxy Tab 2 7 and Acer Iconia W700 equally and i am very happy with my 2 Tablets. :)

My tablets are my main computer every day now.

I am wondering What do you use your tablet for? and how much do you use your tablet? Has your tablet replaced your PC/laptop?

Wrote this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7. :)

2. edap

edap Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A110
    I use my Android devices, both my tablet and smartphone, for basically the same reasons as you. Before I retired from newspapering, I used PageMaker software on my Mac for years. Now, I find that Android apps, along with Google Chrome, or even the stock 'Internet' browser, deliver all the information that I require and satisfy all my communication needs.

3. Johna2u

Johna2u Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Le Pan II
    I currently have a Dell venue 8 android, Le Pan mini, an HP touchpad and an HTC one x phone. I use them constantly.

The dell is my favorite and primary tablet. I read the news, check my forums and Facebook, play games, control my chromecast, use it as a TV guide, watch videos on youtube and reading. I buy most of my books from amazon and use the kindle app. (Currently reading Moby Dick).

I use the mini on the patio. I plug it into external speakers and listen to music. Pandora etc.

The touchpad 9.7" sits on my desk at work. I watch Netflix while doing the books after hours, I use it at the front counter to show customers photos and look at on line catalogs for parts orders. I use it as a second screen for my PC. I will look at photos I have taken with my HTC phone that have been uploaded to drop box while writing estimates on the PC.

The HTC phone is used as a gps, a camera and to remind me of appointments I have scheduled using Google calendar on my PC or tablets. Music. I plug it into my car radio for music on road trips. Oh yeah it makes a handy telephone as well.

I use all of the above to check and write emails.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  4. edap

edap Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A110
    I have been recently monitoring the Dell website for a deal on the Venue 8 tablet, so that I can also retire my 7-incher to the patio.

5. raybright

raybright Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10 here. Can say that it has overtaken most of my former laptop-activities: reading news, playing candy crush, checking social and all those daily little things. Still very happy I spent money on this.

6. DonSchaeffer

DonSchaeffer Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    HP Slate 7
    Reading novels, reading newspapers, monitoring e-mail, watching TV shows on Netflix, watching youtube, looking up information to bolster arguments and understand current events, games like crossword puzzles, Solitaire, golf, pool. Looking at my websites and blogging. I have to use the computer for serious writing.

7. raybright

raybright Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    I actually found a chart on tablet use, thought it might fit here: www.*************/chart/1482/activities-conducted-on-tablets/. I was surprised by how many people seem to use their tablets for editing and blog-writing. Those are the kind of thing I return to the ole' Laptop for ;) (found on statista)

8. vampirefo.

vampirefo. Senior Member Developer

Tablet / Device:
    Leagoo Lead 1 ZTE OPEN C, Coby 7065, Coby 8042, Coby 9740
    I use them for about everything, Navigation, Rooting other Androids, music, tv, movies, websites.

Weather, locations, games, alarm clocks. Facebook, ebay, shopping.

I am currently looking for a cheap small tablet or cell phone with good gps to use for running and biking.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  9. KennyBooBoo

KennyBooBoo Junior Member

I use mine mostly for Bible Study. Grandchildren like to use it for games.