What file formats can the Coby MID1125 or other Coby's play?

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hey all,

I ran a seach and nothing came up on this subject and Coby's site just says, "Plays popular formats" and I want to know if it handles MP3, FLV, AVI, MPEG, MP4, the two HD format, H264 and H263 I think it is? I appreciate the info on this since I can't seem to find it anywhere and we're in for one of these devices soon. Thanks in advance! :D

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Manufacture's website does miss the info about specific file formats. This is from a Brazilian tablet (rebranded OEM product probably) that is very similar to 7022/7127, and to 1125 by extension:

Q: What type of music files can I play on my device?
A: .mp3, .wma, .wav, .ape, . ogg, .flac e .aac.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks lfom! I see they mention it handles:

AVI, 3GP, MP4, MPG, RM, RMVB, MOV, FLV e WMV/MKV (1080p)

That's awesome! I am thrilled to learn that it can cope with so many various and cool formats, IF the insides are about the same I bet the Coby's can do them too! Thanks again! :D

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks lfom! I see they mention it handles:

AVI, 3GP, MP4, MPG, RM, RMVB, MOV, FLV e WMV/MKV (1080p)

These are video formats. Regarding audio, probably it plays any unprotected (no DRM) file format out of the box. If it doesn't then it's easy: install MOBOPlayer, it plays audio files too AFAIK.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Awesome, thanks lfom! I appreciate you taking time to find and share the information on this. I am glad this topic is here now for new owners to check out and perspective buyers of these tablets to check out. I am very pleased our board searcher works as well as it does, so if I need to find this thread again I can in a flash if it's been buried a month from now. ;)