What happened here? Lost several apps, etc

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
I booted up my A81E today, and to my surprise it looks like it several of my apps are gone and my unit appears to have moved closer to factory defaults, though surprisingly, some of the apps I installed are there. I still have superuser

I think that somehow the unit thought it was being defaulted? I don't see a way to recover my apps and user experience, but that isn't too big of a deal since I didn't use any pay apps, it will just be somewhat time consuming to put it back like it was.

Anyway, my question is whether or not I may be to blame for the unit getting wiped as it did (like did I unknowingly make it go into reflash mode). I guess I might have accidentally also hit vol down as I pressed the power button, but I don't think I did, and there was no ROM on my card. Just trying to make sure I am not doing it to myself.

Since I will have to reload most everything, I might consider reflashing the ROM. Anybody tired the new ROM Vincenzo posted about recently? What is the current best ROM these days?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Don't know, but any chance there was an OTA that happened? That can do it if you don't pay attention.

Just a thought...

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
What would be the origin of the OTA? WITS? Is there a notification that comes with an OTA? I do not recall seeing one

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
A few weeks late on this reply, but then again I've only gotten my A81H last week. Have you tried checking your microsd card on a PC?

When I first started using my A81H, I plugged in a 2GB microsd card that I had freshly reformatted. I'd tried to use it in my LG Optimus phone, and it had gotten corrupted. So out with the 2GB and into the phone went a 4GB class 4 microsdhc card.

Lo and behold, some of the apps on my A81H quit working or just disappeared as well. I checked the 2GB microsd card on my tried running fsck on it. (I run Linux on my PC, but I believe that Windows has a way to check these cards too.) Lots of errors so the card was dust. So back to Fry's Electronics to buy another 4GB class 4 microsdhc card.

Sako7STW

Nov 30, 2010
My A81E+ just did this. It has done it twice now. First time I had to do a factory reset. This time everytime I try to open a app it forces the app closed???