What is a Horizontal Desktop in Gsensor Calibration?

krispyspork

Aug 5, 2013
I bought a nextbook premium 7 SE today and every time I try to calibrate my G Sensor it says "have you kept the device in a horizontal desktop? if so there must be something wrong with Gsensor"

I don't understand what that means. What the heck is a horizontal desktop and how do I put the device in one???

I know it is obvious from this question but please keep in mind when you answer that I am pretty technologically inept (not as much as my 70 year old mother but I do remember a world without cell phones, tablets, and internet lol)

duax98

Aug 25, 2013
a horizontal desktop is just a flat surface. you want to calibrate your device while your tablet is face up on a flat surface. if you have already tried this and you are getting this message, try the following:

go to your settings
click display
make sure the "auto-rotate screen" option is unchecked
click calibrate gsensor
in the next screen, check "show gsensor detail"
move your device around until you find where both the x and y numbers are close to 0
keep pressing calibrate quickly while slowly turning your tablet until you can place it face up on a flat surface

nemesis1218

Sep 11, 2013
Thanks for the instructions, I just got one and could not figure out what it was talking about! I put it on a flat surface to calibrate but it was not until finding this post that I found out that I couldn't start calibration on a flat surface I had to work my way to it.