What is Coby Kyros MID 7127?

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
I found the Coby Kyros MID 7127 on Amazon yesterday while looking for a tablet for my teen. I cant figure out how it is different from the MID 7022 which I have. Any news on this new model?

ayboye

Nov 10, 2011
The new Coby MID7127 is like an improved version of MID7022. I want to believe that Coby considered some of the complaints about MID7022 and decided to fix them with the new MID7027. The two tablets have the same specifications except for these:

- MID7127 has three buttons in front (Return, Menu and Home) instead of a single button.
- Coby has doubled the capacity of the battery from the annoying 2000mAH to 4000mAH
- The new one now has two Stereo speakers at the back and not one Mono speaker

Pls correct me if any of these claims is wrong. Coby now has manual for the tablet from their site. The new Coby MID7127 is also reported to be a bit thicker. I'm not so sure about this. Has anyone else noticed anything?

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
Had the 7022, but returned it and got the 7127. Not sure about the battery, but the soft keys are much better than the hard keys on the 7022. The placement is also better. Yes, there are stereo speakers on the back. Appslib is gone, replaced by GetJar, but I think all Kyros will have that. My initial reaction is very positive. I think it is a better product, but only time will tell.

Last edited:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Something I read in there has me wondering, is it true it can only do a 4 GB flash drive on the USB port? That is pretty limiting if that's the case. Asking this about any of these Coby Tablets, but also specifically the MID7127. Thanks in advance for the confirmation on this. :)

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
That's great lfom, so the biggest partition it can recognize is 32GB? We have an external HD so it sounds like we'd need to reformat it and do a 32GB partition if that's the case. We have a 16GB thumb drive, a voyager, but if it won't recognize it then we're probably going to get a new one just for the Coby.

ayboye

Nov 10, 2011
Does thits Tablet charge via USB and for how long does it actually last before it's completely drained?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Does thits Tablet charge via USB and for how long does it actually last before it's completely drained?

No Kyros charge from USB directly AFAIK. Threre's a hack tho: use an adapter cable to connect a 5V USB power supply (with enough power) to the DC input of the tablet in some models (the ones with 5V input, of course). Please check elsewhere in the forum for more info.

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
The new Coby MID7127 is like an improved version of MID7022. I want to believe that Coby considered some of the complaints about MID7022 and decided to fix them with the new MID7027. The two tablets have the same specifications except for these:

- MID7127 has three buttons in front (Return, Menu and Home) instead of a single button.
- Coby has doubled the capacity of the battery from the annoying 2000mAH to 4000mAH
- The new one now has two Stereo speakers at the back and not one Mono speaker

Pls correct me if any of these claims is wrong. Coby now has manual for the tablet from their site. The new Coby MID7127 is also reported to be a bit thicker. I'm not so sure about this. Has anyone else noticed anything?

I believe it also includes physical volume control buttons

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
That's what I have heard too subtotal. It sounds like a great machine. I just want to watch videos off the SD card and light surfing with youtube maybe and netflix. Angry Birds would be nice too. :) I think it's gonna be possible with this machine too. :D

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks mshagam. I figured it would be able to do the angry birds games. It is addictive though isn't it? Welcome to the board, thanks for replying. :D

1MK

Dec 13, 2011
New to the tablet world, and thanks to this forum, decided to pick up a Coby 7127. Have used iPad's in the past, and personally have owned all iPhone's since the beginning, and this thing is AWESOME!. Super sleek looking (much better then the 7022, IMO), soft buttons for home, menu and back work flawless and are in a perfect location, not to mention they light up when you touch them. Super fast, has ran everything I've thrown at it, even 1080p video from my gopro.

Speaking of, that's the main reason for this purchase, was to be able to view my GoPro footage from the field, without having to lug around a laptop. Using the supplied USB host cable, it instantly recognized the gopro as a media device and showed up in the Gallery, allowing me to play all videos and view pictures from the standard sized 32gb SDHC card inside the GoPro. Plays all 720/1080 video without hiccups and video/audio stays in sync the entire time.

Paid $185 shipped from amazon (that even included overnight shipping, I was eager to get it :p), and it's a total steal. Been messing with it since this morning and has yet to give me any problems. Mega stoked on my purchase, and until a few days ago, had no idea how powerful these little andriod tablets were.

Grabbed a few pics, but it being night time and poor lighting in my house, they came out poorly. Thinking about throwing up a little review tomorrow when I have a chance to take proper photos.

Low light did give me a chance to grab this though, rad' little feature that adds to the experience

DSC06394.jpg

Last edited: