What is my best path to Froyo or beyond?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
No, I'm happy with my user name.. I mean the text under the name. The "Senior Member" part.. Some sites let the user edit it, other sites let you request a mod to do it, other sites won't let you touch it.. AT.N needs to fall into group 1 or 2..

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Hi all! Noob here, with a rooted NC to autonooter. I am not a techie so go easy on me. I plan on updating to froyo later today or tomorrow. I have been trying to do a nandroid backup by following the above link. The backup starts and then it stops after about 10 seconds and says, "can't mount system" What does this mean? Another question I have is...I am pretty happy with the autonooter except I can't get live wallpaper or any widgets to work, (someone mentioned they would work with Froyo.) Is this mormal with autonooter? My Nook looks naked without a clock on it. I have a Naked Nook! Help!

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Coco, I just came from an autonootered NC, and I can say for sure that both live wallpaper and widgets worked just fine for me.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
RanVenJ, thanks for the info. I'm not sure why mine aren't working and I haven't been able to find and answer. As for the backup, I just tried it again for the 5th time and it is working, so there is 1 problem solved. I just received my new sd card in the mail today so I think I am going to attempt Froyo.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Now I have another problem, I did the backup, backup complete. I rebooted and it brought me back to clockworkmod recovery. I am not getting back to my home screen. Have I missed a step?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If you are using bootable CWR on an SD card you will have to remove the card. If you have it internal, just try rebooting again.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Here is what I did, I put my sd card in and then did the backup. Do I need to take it out and try to boot, do I need to reboot from CWR?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I assume that if you followed the threads at the beginning of this post which you indicated and that you installed CWR internally. In that case you should just be able to highlight "reboot system now" in CWR and press the "n" button. Then you should reboot into whatever you are running on your nook (phiremod Beta 2?).

If you reboot into CWR again try removing the SD card and rebooting.