What is Tab Recovery?

JeffBaxter

May 30, 2011
What is Tab Recovery and how it is different from Factory Data Reset?

Please also if you can tell me that how to do the tab recovery on A500 Tab.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
reset just resets things to how they are out of the box (theoretically) in terms of factory settings for apps, etc. Tab Recovery basically wipes the tablet clean and reinstalls everything on it. this is in case you have deleted things you shouldn't have, or something has gotten corrupted.

Hope that helps!

JeffBaxter

May 30, 2011
reset just resets things to how they are out of the box (theoretically) in terms of factory settings for apps, etc. Tab Recovery basically wipes the tablet clean and reinstalls everything on it. this is in case you have deleted things you shouldn't have, or something has gotten corrupted.

Hope that helps!

Yes, That did and thanks a lot for the info. Could you please also answer the second question as I am not sure how to do the Tab Recovery

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Ahh...well...each tab is subtly different in how these are done. It is some combination between power on, volume up or volume down and perhaps the home button. Doing it wrong can have some unforseen results, such as going into APX mode on a gTablet if not done correctly. I do not have one of these so I can't help here. Hopefully someone else can.

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
If your tablet fails to respond when buttons are pressed or when the screen is tapped, you may have to perform a hardware reset on the tablet to restore functionality. To do this, simply use a small, thin object, such as a paperclip, to press the recessed reset button located on the bottom of the tablet. Acer Support - Answers, E-Mail, Chat - How do I reset the hardware and software to factory defaults on the Acer Iconia Tab A500? There is another method to reset it, but you'd have to call into technical support to get those instructions.

Last edited: