What is the cheapest tablet that offers GPS and an HDMI port?

RookieDave

Sep 25, 2011
Hey everyone. I am new to the whole Android and tablet PC world. I am looking for a tablet that meets my needs and I'm not sure what to get. I don't need a ton of apps, just a few that meet my needs.

I anticipate using this to 1)watch video from my Slingbox on trips (and hook into a TV using HDMI port).
2) use the GPS while traveling
3) browse the web while traveling
4) access Epocrates medical program periodically
5) read from the scriptures

I'd love to get all of this for under $250.

Any suggestions?

I was interested in the Archos 70 until I found out they don't have GPS.

Thanks in advance

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
With those requirements, your looking at the low end brand names, i.e. 16gb A500, transformer.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

netcoord99

Sep 29, 2011
With those requirements, your looking at the low end brand names, i.e. 16gb A500, transformer.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

I have a question about that tablet. Besides the GPS (internal or external) antennae is GPS a software or hardware function in a tablet? In other words are these tablets doing gps with a program, a map databaese and an antennae?

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
I been pleased sofar with my Visio Tablet (aka Vtab). It has an HDMI port and GPS and is at Sam's Club for $235. Not a bad price.

netom

Oct 8, 2011
I have a question about that tablet. Besides the GPS (internal or external) antennae is GPS a software or hardware function in a tablet? In other words are these tablets doing gps with a program, a map databaese and an antennae?

GPS hardware sensor (which is nothing else than custom IC/module on motherboard) is already present in tablet so you do not need external antennae. But you'll need to install navigation software. Also you'll need maps, which are nothing more than files which you place in appropriate folders after software installation. For example I have installed MotoNav software and I have added after installation manually maps and pois for Germany, Austria, Hungary, Serbia, Macedonia and Greece. Everything works just great on my Android Galaxy.