What Is The Geneology Of A Cobalt S1000 Tablet?

ratcheson

Dec 20, 2012
I picked up a Cobalt S1000 tab and being new to the tablet world, I'm trying to figure out who made it so I can try to find answers. So far the Cobalt info is rather limited as best as I can tell.

I'm haveing a small problem with typing in text on some search lines. So I'm wondering where I might go for some more info. Is that a generic android kind of question or will it be related to the Cobalt S1000 specifically? The problem is when I try to input text into some sites like Facebook, an orange block arrow appears and I cannot input any text into that search box. Usually I can input Text to a google search line no problem.

This problem appeared after my wife tried her hand at her new Tablet. I suspect it's something she did but dont know enough about Android and Cobalt to troubleshoot it.
Any suggestions?

jdeckard82

Feb 23, 2013
How do you like the cobalt S1000 ? I just purchased one and im curious as to what problems im going to run into? Thanks!

ratcheson

Dec 20, 2012
Ours works fine. Simply go to the apps page and get what you need/want. Haven't found anything it wouldn't run. I stuck in the 32g micro card and all is well. I dont particularly care for the small 10.1 inch display but it beats the Netbooks.

Not sure what all the hoopla on tablets are about. Seems women really like being able to run apps by touching them. My laptop can do more and all I have to do is stick an icon on the desktop and dont have to learn new/differnt stuff. Funny, laptops and desktops seem to be getting away from icons on the display and having a big menu with all the apps. Something for everyone, I guess.

cwbfla

Jun 9, 2013
Boy, is this S1000 just junk. I bought one and it is like waiting for Christmas to respond to your app touch. It is the most non-standard machine I have ever had. Non-standard charging plug (not microUSB), non-standard USB to mini-USB, the display is very narrow, but very wide to get the 10" out of it. Much more narrow and wide than a standard 10" tablet. Customer support is non-existent and in Chinese or other Asian language. For my part, it was just a 80 buck mistake that I will have to eat. Vendor will not take it back and I don't trust EBay to do anything about it.