What is the Mini Tablet Express Plus ?

Markatisu

Oct 21, 2011
stOne said:
install the android market and you can get netflix for free there.

Thanks I installed the market, its not showing Netflix though and each apk I install starts playing the video but its out of sync and blue in color. Regular video plays perfect through the video player and mobo player.

Jv90, not sure if this is what you want to know but It comes with the following pre-installed

My Pad
Browser
Email
Calculator
DroidReader
Gallery
Kobo
Music
Sound Record
Wi-Fi Settings
Alarm Clock
Contacts
Youtube
Settings
SAM 4.0 (Slide)

Out of those I think the only real new ones are SAM 4.0, DroidReader and Kobo

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Droid reader was on the original EX7. It looks like the replaced Laputa with Kobo. Seeing as how Kobo was what Borders or Bookamillion was using, that's kind of nice... if it weren't for the fact that B&N bought the Borders client list....

Retry the market fix, then hit the netflix app again. I know that mine updated twice this weekend...

Interesting... really thinking about getting the new one.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Hey thanks a lot; yes kobo reader its new (laputa reader, in Spanish it means "the whore" doesn't appear anymore, droidreader I have it on my sytabex but I don't know what version altought; IM going to search for the kobo one apk, looks interesting;

thanks a lot

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I really still like my sytabex, I had and still have a crush on the galaxy tab and the Acer I100, but I haven't found the necessity to get one of the above mentioned, however, if I got an spare money I would get one of both with honeycomb3.2; on the meantime, my tab its working smooth, thank you again to all of you guys.... but IM curious for that sytabex 2 version....

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
OK I updated it to the newest version available DG2.2.1-7a3.b5-V2 for update-test

Rooted it using the instructions here
Installed Netflix, got it to load the queue and start to play an episode. Sound starts and 5 seconds in it quits so that was interesting. It might be I am using the wrong apk, this is the one I got for the Nook Color and it lacks the device check.
They must be using another method for updates as the 11.2.3.1 version on the update server is only beta3 "7901UC_11.2.3.1.2.0_beta3.ius". If possible could you pull the Settings.apk and post it for investigation? This newer method of update was discovered with the Ican updates.

Also, can you provide the CVS sku for the tablet from your receipt? Of the several CVS's visited none have the tablet and are not aware of it in distribution, therefore assume it's a holiday electronics item that was placed on sale prior to being advertised. Thanks if you can do either.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
well, after reading what apps the new sytabex v2 came with it; I just found that a new my pad.apk v1.0 its available for update, and for droidreader too; you can actually update "my pad.apk" so a new icon appears like the one on the new sytabex red icon, and if you update the apk, a new nice window shows you what you have on your tab, the program itself its more "square" design its the word; if you update droidreader, you update the apk but its the same thing; I also look that the calculator icon its new on the v2 version of the sytabex, so maybe there is a new update for the calculator, lets see.....

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
weird, after a reboot on my sytabex, the new updated apk of my pad disappeared, and the old one is showing back, could you post too the version of the system apk's if possible? so we can try to see the real differences between the two tablets?

Markatisu

Oct 21, 2011
weird, after a reboot on my sytabex, the new updated apk of my pad disappeared, and the old one is showing back, could you post too the version of the system apk's if possible? so we can try to see the real differences between the two tablets?

I will try, this is what you want right?

Browser version 2.2
Calculator version 2.1-update1
Droid Reader .05
Email version 2.2
Gallery version 1.1.30682
Infotm Home version 2.2
Kobo version 2.7.621
Music version 2.2
My Pad version 1.0
SlideMe Marketplace version 4.0
Sound Recorder 2.2
Youtube version 2.2.16

Markatisu

Oct 21, 2011
They must be using another method for updates as the 11.2.3.1 version on the update server is only beta3 "7901UC_11.2.3.1.2.0_beta3.ius". If possible could you pull the Settings.apk and post it for investigation? This newer method of update was discovered with the Ican updates.

What do you mean pull do you want me to upload it? I can do that if you guys want

Also, can you provide the CVS sku for the tablet from your receipt? Of the several CVS's visited none have the tablet and are not aware of it in distribution, therefore assume it's a holiday electronics item that was placed on sale prior to being advertised. Thanks if you can do either.

There was not much on the receipt it says

1 SYL 7" Tablet 0871 $99.99

The SKU from the box is SYTABEX7-2 and the UPC is 8 86004 00871 2

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
yes, thanks a lot; I will compare it with the original sytabex then, and if you could upload it would be better....thanks

Markatisu

Oct 21, 2011
yes, thanks a lot; I will compare it with the original sytabex then, and if you could upload it would be better....thanks

OK I think I copied what you wanted

I uploaded it, tried to attach it here but it kept stalling out at around 1mb for some reason

Settings.apk.zip

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
OK I think I copied what you wanted

I uploaded it, tried to attach it here but it kept stalling out at around 1mb for some reason

Settings.apk.zip
Got it! As noted the update "build_number" is hard coded in the Settings.apk and does include "for update-test".

Code:
    .line 65
    const-string v1, "build_number"

const-string v2, "DG2.2.1-7a3.b5 - V2 for update-test "

Using android-apktool - A tool for reengineering Android apk files the decoded application can be investigated. As suspected, the known update server that was previously hard coded has been replaced with the following constant.

Code:
    invoke-direct {p0, v1, v2}, Lcom/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings;->setStringSummary(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

const-string v31, "persist.sys.server"

It still uses the same GET command but now where is the server?

UPDATE: Markatisu, could you run the following command and post the resutls?
Code:
[FONT=courier new]getprop persist.sys.server[/FONT]

Last edited:

pdkimball

Oct 30, 2011
I have the exact same tablet purchased @ Biglots. the getprop persist.sys.server is still 222.73.93.45. It would be nice to be able to manually download this updated wrap file from the server somehow, still downloading beta3. Made the mistake of installing anyway, what a pain! lol thanks for any assistance you can provide in obtaining the new version, it works great with little to no bugs except netflix still not working right. DG was not helpful in getting the file but did report there should be another update by end of the year with Flash Player fix which should help with the netflix issues. :)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I have the exact same tablet purchased @ Biglots. the getprop persist.sys.server is still 222.73.93.45. It would be nice to be able to manually download this updated wrap file from the server somehow, still downloading beta3. Made the mistake of installing anyway, what a pain! lol thanks for any assistance you can provide in obtaining the new version, it works great with little to no bugs except netflix still not working right. DG was not helpful in getting the file but did report there should be another update by end of the year with Flash Player fix which should help with the netflix issues. :)
Compare the dates of the build.props for the two versions posted.

Originally Posted by Markatisu - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...2-update-check-recent-tablets.html#post143056 which tablet is possibly "DG2.2.1-7a3.b5 - V2 for update-test " but need to confirm and compare with another tablet at "DG2.2.1-7a3.b5".

"DG2.2.1-7a3.b5 - V2 for update-test " build.prop date = ?
"DG2.2.1-7a3.b5" build.prop date = ?

Last edited:

pdkimball

Oct 30, 2011