What Kind Of Tablet?

huntxtrm

Aug 24, 2015
Hello, I'm new to android. I have never used on before. That's why I'm new to this forum! I have just purchased a "GEOPAD" it is a tablet geared for outdoor use. Came with minimal instructions. I am guessing it is a brand of some kind wrapped in their camo, water resistant case. Is there a way to find out what it is? So, I can ask questions specific to the device? Or, possibly even download a better manual? Thanks for all replies.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

More manual isn't likely to happen. Most Android tablets don't have a lot of documentation. Best I can tell it's a ruggedized hunting tablet with very limited internal storage. What you see is what you got.

This is about as close as you'll get SPYPOINT GEOPAD - Hunting tablet

Was there something specific you needed to know how to use?

huntxtrm

Aug 24, 2015
Welcome to the forum

More manual isn't likely to happen. Most Android tablets don't have a lot of documentation. Best I can tell it's a ruggedized hunting tablet with very limited internal storage. What you see is what you got.

This is about as close as you'll get SPYPOINT GEOPAD - Hunting tablet

Was there something specific you needed to know how to use?

Yes, I have all that info. I bought it new.

1. Just trying to figure out how to link my outlook email to it. When I open the email app. It seems to show up after I put all my imap/smpt stuff in there. But, it shows not emails? Cant figure out how to access the actual inbox?

2. Best Street Navigation app? With Voice Turn by turn? There are tons, I am wondering which is best?

I bought the device, because it seems to be able to do multiple things. So far it has fared well.

I took it canoeing in a remote location this weekend, GPS caught really quick, no wifi turned on. Tracked my route via Navionics, it seemed to work well, so far.

used it in my truck to get there, via an app "Offline Maps", Seemed to work ok, but looking for something better.

I plan on taking this into the mountains of Colorado next month. I have already saved offline maps for my excursion. Seems to be a cool tablet, for what I'm using it for.

I just need some advice on using it. Never had an android.

Thanks much for your response. I hope you can help a guy out. LOL

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Probably the best free off-line maps are here. HERE - Android Apps on Google Play But you will quickly be fighting the 8GB of internal storage. It's not at all simple to get anything other than standard media, like pics, to store on the external storage. It says 32GB is the max. It's a very specialized tablet.

huntxtrm

Aug 24, 2015
So, far it stores all the offline maps to the sd card. Even, my topo maps, and Navionics maps. Seems to do it automatically? "Offline Maps" lets you download, the states you want only, then it overlays live gps data over the stored map.. It seems to work, it might be one of a very few navi apps that allow offline storage of maps?