what rom to use?

iakovl

Nov 27, 2011
my refub nook color should arrive in less the 24hours...
due to the fact that i'm a nook n00b i need advice on what rom to use? normal CM7 and thats it? or CM7 based rom?

also need some advice on:
1- OCing the device: how much and how?
2- Rom from SD to internal memory?

Sir Robin

Jan 22, 2011
I believe the Phiremod 6.3 is a CM based rom that comes with the ability to OC, I could not get it to flash so I went with CM I think you have to use an app to OC CM, haven't tried it.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If you want a custom ROM CM7 is a good way to go. Other custom ROMs are based on CM7 and don't seem to be updated as much. The newest CM7 stable (7.1.0) has the ability to overclock up to 1200MHz built in so all you have to do is go to settings and turn up the speed. CM7 can be applied to either a bootable SD card or internal memory. Unless you wan't B&N software for some specific reason or are just afraid to mess with the internal partition there is no reason not to install it internally. If those are concerns then you can run from a bootable SD card without issue.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
As long as you use at least a Class 4 Micro SD card you'll be fine. Be sure to get an MSD that comes with an adapter to fit a standard SD card slot unless your PC card reader has a slot for an MSD, which is very unlikely.

Calibre

Dec 18, 2011
Im new here, so I am not sure where to find the cm 7 mod..... Where would I downwload it from? I want to mod my toshoba thrive

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
does it lower the speed some how?

If you are asking about lowering the speed regarding the overclock, it will run between 300MHz and 1200MHZ (1.2GHz) as needed, stepping up and down as the processor requirements change.

Calibre

Dec 18, 2011
I looked at that link and couldnt f ind my tablet on there,do u know of any other links that may have mods for aa toshiba thrive

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 10 inch using Android Tablet Forum