What should I buy? Where?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by alantechnodoofus, Jan 10, 2012.

1. alantechnodoofus

alantechnodoofus Member

Tablet / Device:
    windows laptop and Blackberry cell phone
    I need a small, inexpensive tablet that will allow me to transfer my MS Word docs easily with the same file organization I have now.
    It would be a huge plus to be able to edit these docs, but just being able to read them is my primary need.
    I don't need anything fancy. I don't want to play games, watch videos, or even surf the internet.
    Size and price are important. I'd like to be able to carry it in my cargo pants pocket.
    I use MS Office 2010, and thought of buying a Windows tablet, but they are all too big and too expensive.
    I am a four star technodoofus.
    ALL I want is what I just described.
    And, of course, I'd like to know where to buy it.
    Thank you,
    Al

2. pbrauer

pbrauer Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    What is the price range$

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

3. mukguk

mukguk Member

Buy an ereader. The Nook simple touch for $99. Download Calibre software (free) to your destop, take your Word documents and save them into RTF format. Load rtf files into Calibre and convert them to EPUB (this is ereader format for Nook and other ereaders) then load them onto to ereader. Simple and straight forward. If you are primarily interested in reading E-ink technology is very easy on the eyes. You don't need a 10 inch tablet or any tablet simply for reading (lcd screens are harder on the eyes, then e-ink)

4. SpeMall.com

SpeMall.com Senior Member

Hi alantechnodoofus, welcome to the forum. for inexpensive tablet, you should have a look at our: Android Tablet PC. maybe you can find what you want!:)