What tablet have I got, and can it be upgraded?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You have one of the many VIA 8505 Chipset powered notebooks. There are potentially firmware updates depending upon where you look. It wil take some research. But it is doubtful you can update to a newer Android OS. The 1.6 is actually very well suited for your chipset. And the firmware may offer updates which give you options you desire.
But you will not be able to run Flash 10 easily if at all. This requires Android 2.2

This tablet is well suited for E-Reader, Simple Web viewing and Vid/Music listening if you have compatible formats for your music or vids.

Best of luck

vistaovth

May 7, 2011
I did an update on my 1.6 and now my iped won't work. Where can I get a download for version 1.6?

vistaovth

May 7, 2011
I bought a new google Android 3G , with version 1.6 on it. I had problems trying to get my ebooks loaded on it, so I did some searching on the net and found that I needed to download M001 on it. Now none of the icons work on it. It boots up ok, but it won't function after that , it just stays on the home screen. Is there a download for the 1.6 version, and if so how do I get it back on ?