What tablet is this? ePad 7" VIA VT8650 Android 2.2?

DBAlex

Mar 27, 2011
Hi,

I bought this tablet on eBay yesterday, but i'm not quite sure what tablet it is. I think it may be a Flytouch or an Eken M009S clone but i'm not sure.

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epad-7-GOOGLE-Android-2-2-WiFi-Camera-MID-Tablet-PC-3G-/270724599465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f08718ea9

I have the following questions:

- Will the CPU really be a Via VT8650?

- Will it have real Android 2.2 or some fake upgraded 1.6? (Not a big concern, but Adobe Reader requires 2.1 IIRC)

- Is this tablet faster than VT8505 older tablets (e.g. Eken M001)?

- Also, are their alternate ROMs I can use yet?

- Also, what can I use the tablet for, how fast will it be for PDF reading, can I play Angry Birds etc?

Hope that wasn't too long! :)

Thanks, Alex. :D

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Flash requires a faster processor. This is reportedly working with partial Flash. It is supposedly to be faster. I am not aware of custom firmware yet.

It might be WM8650, but since there is a typo in the post, it would not be surprising if this was not actually Android 2.2.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
It might be WM8650, but since there is a typo in the post, it would not be surprising if this was not actually Android 2.2.

The guy had nooo clue on what he was talking about when selling it. I agree on the model but could be a clone.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

DBAlex

Mar 27, 2011
Flash requires a faster processor. This is reportedly working with partial Flash. It is supposedly to be faster. I am not aware of custom firmware yet.

Hey, thanks for your reply.

OK, yeah, should be WM8650 not VT8650... :-S.

Hopefully it's the WM8650 tablet i've been seeing various *new* videos for on YouTube. (Since the Android UI looks like the same one - same icons, same setup with the weather widget etc)

Finally, how fast will it be for PDF reading, can I play Angry Birds etc? Anyone know about this?

Thanks!

svguy

Mar 22, 2011
I recently got 3 of the WM8650 's and it won't play angry birds. Too slow. I downloaded about 6 BASIC games and only one of them played acceptably.

DBAlex

Mar 27, 2011
I recently got 3 of the WM8650 's and it won't play angry birds. Too slow. I downloaded about 6 BASIC games and only one of them played acceptably.

Hey, great to get some info thanks. Have you tried Angry Birds Lite? (APK's available on the web)

Also, how are PDFs?

Have you tried Adobe Reader?

Thanks, Alex.

Agnus

Apr 23, 2011
Hi, I just purchased 2 of these Android Tablets the Via 8650 from ebay. It is supposed to be the real 2.2 and support flash ect.. Here it is,,> 2011 NEW 7 Inch Android REAL 2.2 Tablet PC aPad FLASH - eBay (item 180656390080 end time Apr-22-11 23:15:05 PDT)

I hope it is real... and will play games like Angry Birds and have a app market. Do you guys know? Thanks! :)

~Chandra

Chandra, I just got an Epad 2.2 that says it is the VT8505. It is kind of slow, but it is plenty fast enough to play Angry Birds. I was playing for a couple hours today as I'd never played the game before and found it kind of fun. The one I just got looks exactly like the one you linked to except the specs say that the battery in mine is only 2400 mAH.
Since yours is being sent from a USA seller, you probably won't have the pain that I am experiencing trying to get everything in my language. The market app on mine came in a different language and I can't seem to figure out how to change it. I've went into the general settings but no joy. The weather and clock is not how I want either. But that is what I am doing here, trying to research and find out about my new tablet.
I am just posting here to you to let you know you probably don't have to worry about being able to play Angry Birds if my tablet will do so fine, I bet yours will too.

Last edited:

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
i have the wm8650 tablet (which this is) and i can run the original angry birds acceptably if i turn off background, however the sequel games dont have this option and runn too slowly, i dont know why so many people are having trouble running angry birds...but i suspect theyre running some background apps that are slowing their tablet down. Ive got plenty of games running acceptably and even smoothly (pinball deluxe, labyrinth lite, slice, toss it all come to mind...check out my apps thread in this forum for more) it will probably be a genuine WM8650 and should run as advertised there at 600-800mhz (true wm8650s have a BoMPS of ~350mhz so get advanced task manager app to see if thats what yours is showing. the CPU is actually an ARM926 processor type.)

ifish

Jun 30, 2011
Hello,
i could buy this tablet very cheap (99 €); i want use it for my kids to play movies (divx, avi, etc.)
You can use it as a video player (in the car.. )?

Thank you
Best regards
Wolfgang

fswoon2

Jul 8, 2011
i Bought this tablet i got it yesterday my model is wm8650 and it is MIDI bought it from ebay ... well it can play many game, like angry bird and others like ninja ...
wow i quite shock that many ppl were worrying about this model can't work, but after i used it, it was surprise for me it work pretty well for me!!

Like it so much!!!
by the way there are many types of this model some of them is fake. Wish u good luck though!!

smopitz

Jul 8, 2011
Does anyone know what micro sd card is best for Android 7" tablet running on Android 2.2? I think it is the same as those on this thread - it was from ebay & works very well, but the SD card I bought is incompatible.

Last edited:

jrivera86

Jul 10, 2011
Hi:

I'm new to the forum and just ordered a rooted MID WM8650 tablet from a US Seller. I think it is the one with green LED based on the pictures. The seller lists it comes with a custom ROM installed but would like to upgrade to Uberoid v6 final when it arrives.

Can you tell me by the link I've included what model it is? and what option should I choose when switching ROMS? as from all I've read I'm not quite sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-7-inch-MID-Tabl ... 4cf87a82c8

Thanks