What tablet is this (Generic Android Tablet)

Gamblor

Aug 1, 2011
Hi,

Firstly let me introduce myself to the forums, I'm relatively new to the Android tablet scene (although have had 2 previous android phones - Google G1 and my current HTC Desire)

I've done a search for my question, but I'm not having much luck (although a Google search was what brought me to this forum)

Anyway, I've just bought a generic android tablet and am trying to establish exactly what model it is, as I've read that there are alot of different types that appear the same from the outside.

The specs as listed are:

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

CPU
VIA8650, High-performance 800MHZ CPU+300MHZ DSP
Operation system
Android 2.2 (Support Flash 10.1) with working android market
Memory256MB DDR2
Storage Device2GB NAND Flash maximum capacity of 32GB tf card
Gravity4-Dimensional G-sensor
LCD7" Touch screen, 800*480 pixels Two point touch
NetworkRJ45 Cable Internet: 10/100M adaptive
Wi-FiWIFI:IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network
3GExternal 3G (Support Huawei E220, etc), please do your due-diligence before purchase.
I/O Port30pinUSB switch interface*1,Headphone *1, MIC*1 JACK*1, TF card reader
Audio /speaker3.5mm headphone jack / Built-in microphone
CameraBuilt-in 1.3MP camera
Media FileAudio file formats supported: MP2, MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA
Video file formats supported:720p video playing, MPEG1/2/3; MJPG; H263; H264
Photo file formats support:JPG, JPEG, BMP, and PNG.
BatteryBattery capacity:1800mAh
Power adapter9V,1.5A
SizeL198 * W127* H90mm

Basically, what I'm trying to find out is

1 - What type of tablet is this specifically?

2 - How would I go about rooting it (are their any guides available that as model-specific?)

3 - What is the best current custom ROM available, and what are the advatages/disadvantages in terms of usability (basically are their any glitches/things I should look out for)

I'm not looking for much from the tablet, just to read PDF files, browse the web and (hopefully) watch the BBC iPlayer and similar services. If I could access the Android Market that would be a fairly big bonus. Basically any ROM that would make it the best it could possibly be would be fantastic - I'm not expecting miricles though.

Look forward to any replies, and any guidence would be much appreciated :)

EDIT: Apologies to mods for initially posting an eBay link, I misinterpreted the rules, link removed, description put in its place.

Last edited: