What the heck good is it? Think its going back to where it come from

Dnevery

Feb 11, 2011
I just got my Cruz T103 and its the most frustrating little piece of equipment I own.

Am I missing the jist of what this can do? I see more of what it can't do.

I keep running into error codes...can't do this...can't do that....
I'll give it another few days

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Did you read the reviews on the Velocity Cruz? I bought one too....but without saying I told you so...it may not be you...it may be your device choice

Dnevery

Feb 11, 2011
how about ...how do I erase everything so I can send it back? I went to setup and return to factory setting but my emails still show....how do I know if everything is gone off of it? This just isn't for me. I've never been frustrated so much in my entire life using something. I'm just going to use my laptop Thanks!

PS is there a tablet where you can use a "Bell stick" or Rogers rocket? Is there such a thing?

Last edited:

weedb0y

Feb 14, 2011
Try loading up the custom firmware, it opens up everything and improves the overall user experience.

Feb 19, 2011
I just got my Cruz tablet a few days ago....had a cheapo(not so much since it was over $100) and the Cruz is by far way better....have learned a lot along the way, so gonna share it with all ya's.....first, it's one of the few cheap tablets that has a capacitive multi-touch display, most are resistive....which means they are a touch screen, but not near as sensitive, and can be used with a stylus where as capacitive cannot. Second, these tablets have a MIPS processor, and a lot of apps are not coded for this processor. A lot will work, but most wont. It is functional as far as a web browsing, music playing photo viewer, but it is NOT a iPad clone, nor even close. It is a capable movie player, provided the video is encoded correctly, otherwise is can be painful if not near impossible to watch. There are NOT....that I have yet found, any hacked ROMS mostly because of the MIPS processor. Not enough people own these devices for the hacking community to put forth the effort for other ROMS. As far as ROOTING, I still have yet to discover any root methods, or even how to apply them. Not much has been talked about with these tablets other than people complaining about what they CANNOT do. The good side is, that what it does, it does fairly well, I've been playing with mine for about a week now, and there aren't too many things that I've thrown at it that it can't do....knowing what I know now, I realize it's not gonna be capable of doing what my rooted EVO can do, and didn't expect it to. I have also a MID tablet that I first bought having high expectations of, and rooted it.....then to my disappointment realized very quickly of what it WAS not capable of, what the Cruz was. Sure, I can't run certain apps....don't have the Market....and all the other complaints, but knew it wasn't going to be an iPad killer.....you get what you pay for. The other thing I found is that if you have a sd card reader in your main computer, download the apps(apk) files, make an app directory on the Cruze card, and just copy the APK files to that directory, then install them....some will install and work, some will install but not work, some will refuse to even install.....you just have to try.

Last edited: