What to do 1st with Coby Kyros MID 7127...

coriwill

Jan 20, 2012
[h=2]What to do 1st with Coby Kyros mid 7127...[/h]
Hi! Please help! This slick new tablet seems fabulous other than not having the ability to go straight to the android apps; and for a non-techie person like me, I'm not sure what rooting is or what order to do anything in.
So from reading a bit, I'm thinking I need to 1st root & then download the android market, right??

I tried TheKWA's advice & attempted to follow the video (wonderful touch btw) on how to "root (whatever that means) but at the very 1st step of downloading the "superclick" to my pc, it downloaded a downloader (iLivid Download Manager) and then when I google SuperOneClick V2.3.2 and start to go through it's now going to download "7 zip". Is this right??? I don't want to screw up my PC. Thanks!!​

jpisini

Dec 29, 2011
I used superoneclick to root my mid7127. If you are new don't rush it read everything you can. You can mess up the tablet if you do things that you don't understand. Take your time and make sure you understand the steps. Superoneclick is a great program and will not mess up your PC. Unzip it and put the file in the root of your PC then right click on the executable (assuming you have Windows 7 here) and choose run as administrator then just wait for it to finish it should only take a couple of minutes.

coriwill

Jan 20, 2012
Thank you jpisini!
Can you tell me why the big hype about "rooting" what is it? What does it do? & other than rooting & installing the android market, what else would you suggest? I'm thinking I need a micro SD card for more memory but other than that, I'm at a standstill- I feel like every time I download an app, I'm thinking it's gonna freeze up- it's already turning itself on randomly every 5 minutes or so & then it also keeps saying it has to "Forced-close of an app??? I've only downloaded about 5 apps & installed the andriod market-that it! Still haven't "rooted" but don't have a ton of time to spend on this thing... Any help appreciated. :)

jpisini

Dec 29, 2011
Sorry I have been busy the last few days and didn't see the post.
Rooting gives you access to more apps (certain apps only work for rooted devices) it allows you to install Cloclwork recovery to make a backup of your device. It also allows trying some of the third party Roms that Tipster has made (not sure if there are others I have only found his). You may never need it but if you follow Kwa's video it is pretty easy to do.
The constant turn on sounds like the wifi bug it is caused by the market being installed. Use https://market.android.com/details?id=opotech.advancedwifilockfree&hl=en this should fix that for you. I personally uninstalled the market and I am using Amazon's I have much better battery life now although i do have to search for some apps on the internet now. There is a bug in the Coby that any use of Google's services and it can just be setting up a calendar causes the wifi issue. i haven't found a fix other than using the program above which prevents sleep (It does affect battery life) or not using Google services which is what i am doing. It is not a big deal for me I have an Android phone as well and can check my email and calendar from that while traveling.
The force close thing sounds like an issue with an application that you installed. You can uninstall each app in turn until the problem goes away then you will know what caused it. There may be a fix from the app author or an alternative app you can try instead. The 7127 is pretty stable by itself mine has been running for a week without a reboot and I haven't had a single force close.