whats a good way to test battery?

hardsell

Sep 19, 2011
I've seen posts here with people saying they have had problems with the battery life and also a warmness issue with the vizio tablet

I think the Vizio site claims a 10 hour battery life is that with wifi on? brightness up, background data on, etc?

so maybe some people could recomend an accurate way to test the battery, so if we shared the results we would have used the same settings....

and on the warmness issue seems you need to turn everything off that makes the tablet a tablet and not just an ereader.... and then it doesnt run hot

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
My wife's and my tablets each get a bit warm during use. I wouldn't say "hot." Not even close to "hot." We each get about 8-9 hours, depending upon how we use them.

How to test? Use it?

Jim

kechamb

Mar 4, 2011
The heat is pretty normal, I havent really noticed it being any worse or better than my android phone. With regards to battery life that will really depend on the usage meaning time and what are you doing like reading a book (low use) or watching a movie (real high use). One other thing I have noticed with batteries in the portable devices is that they get better after using them for a while.

walrus

Dec 16, 2010
When I transport mine I turn off the wifi, other than that it's on, only use the gps when I need it sync is always on the longest time between sync's. Doing those few things have gotten me 15+ hours.

hardsell

Sep 19, 2011
hmm, mine goes from full charge to the warning zone with just coolreader as only app (bessides sh, display, initial loading app) on,
and then letting it going to idle instead of doing a full power off it is in the low battery red zone in less than 7 hours

oh well looks like this puppy is sick and might have to be returned