What's in the new update?

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
hey I just loaded a new update tonight.... What's in it? I didn't even read what it said first.. Duh
Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
hey I just loaded a new update tonight.... What's in it? I didn't even read what it said first.. Duh

It just mentioned something about adding Hulu. Surely it's more than that, though. The app was already available. I'm trying to download the update, but having some problems with me internet connection

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
The only major improvement it stated was about hulu plus. But still checking on it. V.I.A 1.4

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
One of the main benefits I like about this tablet was the major lack of bloatware. However IF vizio continues to put updates out that also include bloatware then I expect to see an update asap that changes the way the system mounts the users external sd so that we can move apps2sd in order to free up space for the updates and bloatware.

I mean dang man I am very very close to running out of internal sd space. So please vizio make this the next important change to the system and make it soon.

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
One of the main benefits I like about this tablet was the major lack of bloatware. However IF vizio continues to put updates out that also include bloatware then I expect to see an update asap that changes the way the system mounts the users external sd so that we can move apps2sd in order to free up space for the updates and bloatware.

I mean dang man I am very very close to running out of internal sd space. So please vizio make this the next important change to the system and make it soon.

I am essentially out of space and suspect that's the reason I can't get the update to install. I keep getting internet connection errors, but both my wifi and 4g connections are fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
@jhaynes1230 clear your temp cache (I use cache cleaner+) to free up some space also temporarily remove an app or two.

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011

What a disappointment...instead of fixing/improving bluetooth, fixing the SDcard issue, improving sleep mode, improving the battery life, adding skype video, etc... we get Hulu Plus (essentially ad-ware if you don't subscribe).

Sorry if this sounds overly negative, but really... if the Vizio developers read the forums, nobody has been requesting this "update".

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
On the plus side Vizio is continuing to release updates.

I believe that there is a new charging icon in the notification area when you have the VTAB plugged in. I had not noticed it before.

If you use the VTAB's home launcher it seems faster with this last update. I use Launcherpro, but I ran the native launcher to look for changes and it seems to work faster.

I use Hulu Plus, so I did not check - can you uninstall it completely?

One reason that I am not getting much chance to play with the VTAB is that my wife uses it a lot. She even took it with her a recent trip.

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
Seeing as hulu was made available to the vtab before any other droid tablet and with the recent netflix update I don't think it unreasonable that vizio includes hulu in the update.

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
Seeing as hulu was made available to the vtab before any other droid tablet and with the recent netflix update I don't think it unreasonable that vizio includes Hulu in the update.

I agree that this ability to run Hulu separates it from other Android tablets (apparently Ipads and a few newer android phones already have it).

Apparently Vizio was under pressure to finally get this out since this feature was advertised way back in Aug.

Here is a except of the press release:
============
IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- VIZIO, America's #1 LCD HDTV Company*, announced today that the new VIZIO 8" Tablet with WiFi will support the Hulu Plus™ subscription service. The highly-anticipated app will bring the extensive library of TV and film content from over hundreds of providers and independent creators to subscribers using the VIZIO Tablet for just $7.99 per month.
============

So, I guess it took Vizio 2 months after the announcement to get it released.

Let's hope that other critical features/enhancements don't take as long.

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
I don't get it. Hulu+ was already available and working on the vtab. I had it installed and although not a subscriber I did use the free gallery once or twice and it seemed to work.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
. . . .

So, I guess it took Vizio 2 months after the announcement to get it released.

Let's hope that other critical features/enhancements don't take as long.

Hulu and Hulu Plus worked out of the box on the VTAB - I believe that the update includes a 30 day free trial for those who do not already have Plus accounts.

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Humm..not seeing the update or Hulu on Vtab. It did briefly show that an update was available but never updated?

Jtpboy

Sep 19, 2011
I got the update last night. It seems to be a bit snapper now.

2.3.2 GRH78C
2.6.35.7+
via plus 1.4

Oct 10, 2011
Mine is still at VIA 1.3 and if I attempt a manual update it tells me I am currently up to date. Has anyone gotten it today (Wednesday) or have they pulled it off their server?