Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Stock 1.2 for now (rooting ASAP)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Help! 1.2 broke my root without permission

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Zamboniman

Apr 25, 2011
I've got both stock 1.2 and cm7 in emmc set up to dual boot. B&N would be so displeased - I spent quite a bit of time today reading a book on the Nook Color - booted into cm7 and using the android Kindle app. LOL.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

WillysJeepMan

Jan 5, 2011
Running rooted stock 1.1 (Android 2.1). I have found it to be overall the best firmware option at this time...
Here's a pic of my rooted nook color: (the photo does not capture just how vibrant and clear the screen is)
24qn2gx.jpg

Last edited:

DeeMat

Oct 19, 2010
I had not thanked you before, but I had used those instructions to install CM7 the other day. You rock.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
No option for V1.01 rooted :-(

I'm going to go back to stock, get the update and then run CM7 on an uSD card. Well, I will when I get back home... in a couple of weeks!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
@Zambonimam- you are a bad boy! Playing with 1.2 and CM7.....bad boy;)
@Willysleepman- and you are a bad boy because you have such a beautiful screen and you didn' t.post in in my thread yet( just SCREENSHOTS)!g:D
gloria

Last edited:

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
when the auto-nooter for 1.2 comes, would someone send me a PM.
I'm on the road far from my home machine and have a NC victim of the 1.2 update.
Essentially I have a nook and some stuff on it I neither understand nor care to use.
Thanks,

1hen2ducks

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
Still happily running Autonooter 3.0 for 1.1. Hoping that me leaving WiFi off when I'm not using it will keep it from being updated. And if I'm on WiFi and it starts to push the update, I can abort it some way.

Not sure if that's how it works, but hopefully. I don't want the update. I have my NC just the way I want it and don't want to lose it. I got beyond frustrated trying to figure out CWR or whatever it is and gave up. Hoping for the best. Sigh.

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
^
Just install Clockworkmod rom manager and then flash Clockworkmod recovery from within rom manger to block OTAs. You don't have to do anything with CMWR after installation if you don't want to. Removing CWMR is easy as well if needed.

Stumblethru

Feb 12, 2011
I'm satisfied with rooted 1.1. I also have CM7 on a card just because I could. I may go to a rooted 1.2 in the future though.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
No option for V1.01 rooted :-(

I'm going to go back to stock, get the update and then run CM7 on an uSD card. Well, I will when I get back home... in a couple of weeks!

Rooted < B&N 1.1 should really be for Rooted <= B&N 1.1 so basically anything rooted that isn't B&N 1.2

:)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It wouldn't let me vote twice

I considered letting multiple votes but I really wanted to know what was the primary version people had on their Nooks. Not completely fair to dual booters and SD bootable ROMs, but that is what the comments are for ;)