What's the best format for ebooks?

Jun 26, 2011
I notice when I use the books app, PDFs are laggy while the books that it comes with are very fluid. I downloaded a converter to convert my PDFs to the kindle format. Is there anything I can convert to that'll make it faster?

Fantic15

Jul 21, 2011
From your question I'm assuming you're using a tablet with a reader app? Do you know if the app supports the .epub format?
This format is fairly common and the file size is reasonably small for downloading & storing.

I have a B&N Nook e-reader and find the .epub files perform quite well (it can also read .pdf with no issues though).

Maybe try downloading the same book in .epub and .pdf and do a comparison to see if it's any better. There are plenty of books (free and to purchase) that can be downloaded in both formats (as well as kindle) at feedbooks.com.
Please post a reply advising if there's any improvement. :)

Jun 26, 2011
From your question I'm assuming you're using a tablet with a reader app? Do you know if the app supports the .epub format?
This format is fairly common and the file size is reasonably small for downloading & storing.

I have a B&N Nook e-reader and find the .epub files perform quite well (it can also read .pdf with no issues though).

Maybe try downloading the same book in .epub and .pdf and do a comparison to see if it's any better. There are plenty of books (free and to purchase) that can be downloaded in both formats (as well as kindle) at feedbooks.com.
Please post a reply advising if there's any improvement. :)

pdf is a relatively slow and resource-hotting format. I converted pdfs I have to .epub and .mobi(kindle format) and they're both a billion times faster than pdf.