What's wrong with my Android browser?

KatieKyosuke

Feb 10, 2012
I just recently bought an Advent Vega tablet and it works great, but there's one problem. Whenever I go to view a video on the browser, it shuts down. No force-close or nothing. The screen goes black for a few seconds and takes me back to the home screen. It didn't do this when I first got it, so I could watch videos with no problem. But I found that as I used the browser more for watching videos, it took longer for me to be able to watch it because I had to restart the browser 1-2 times before it worked. Now before I can watch a video I have to restart it 5-6 times. Sometimes it doesn't even work.
The tablet is running the 3.2 Honeycomb version of Android OS. I have looked around the net for answers and have tried some of the suggestions posted in the Android forums, like clearing the browser settings and restarting the tablet, but to no avail. I also read somewhere that you can update your Android OS, but my tablet says it's up to date and I don't want to go messing with it like that in case I don't get it back. Please help!!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Some browsers do not support flash. Try a different one. :)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
Try a different browser like dolphinHD. Till you find the one you like best.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Android Tablet Forum