What's your setup?

zcostilla

May 13, 2011
OK, I'll admit it, I'm an early adopter. I travel a lot, and wanted a tablet to replace my ultraportable laptop. I already got used to functioning without a DVD tray, to the Acer was the next logical step. Theis way I get basic office functionality (Documents to Go - full version), USB ard drive support, and now, a plug-in USB keyboard (I would have gone bluetooth, but I couldn't pass this one up for $7.99 at Office Depot on clearance)

So here's my rig: The tablet, Griffin Loop stand, init neoprene sleeve, and Gearhead mini-USB keyboard.

What are you rocking, and why?

May202011

May202011

May202011

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Well, I guess you found out your pictures aren't posting, even if the links still work.

I would have opted for a wireless USB keyboard with one of those baby dongles (they only stick out a quarter inch).
Either that, or I would wait til 3.1 rolls out and use Bluetooth.

Still, for the amount of work I'm willing to do on this tablet, I just use the keyboard. (Actually I'm in the closed beta for the Swiftkey Tablet keyboard and it predicts LANGUAGE, not just words). I'm much faster on that keyboard than the the normal keyboard. So much so that I suspect a plug in keyboard might not be much of a help.

wosto

May 18, 2011
The only apps I have purchased so far are Beautiful Widgets and Quick Office HD (probably will need to puchase TouchDown too). I got the offical "Acer" case from Staples (the only one the had left) which was very expensive for what it is but fits great and is VERY handy (see photo). Also got the mini-bluetooth keyboard for the Xoom ( I guess Acer's is out now, they look identical) because I wanted to take notes in meetings. Last but not least got a car sticker....

$IMAG0136.jpg$IMAG0135.jpg

Last edited:

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
How convenient is it to use the keyboard (regardless of configuration.) I keep debating on getting one.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
How convenient is it to use the keyboard (regardless of configuration.) I keep debating on getting one.

Just hold off till Android 3.1 is released.
Right now, its a pain in the neck, because you have to use the touch screen to position the cursor, then back to the keyboard, etc.

When 3.1 comes out there will be some better bluetooth profiles as well as support for touch pads built into the keyboard.
I wouldn't rush into this right now when 3.1 is so close.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Thanks. Waiting was my plan; just wanted to make sure that it makes sense to wait.