Whatsapp on galaxy tab 10.1

cctoh84

Oct 20, 2011
Need help too... d version available nw doesn't support GT-P7510

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

wasmacfreak

Oct 28, 2011
Hi guys, noobs here :p

After a couple times trying and trying and trying... suddenly it just works! all the contact numbers that has whatsapp messenger appears just like on my cell phone!

Here's what I've been doing before:
Yesterday: At first, I download the whatsapp.apk application via my macbook pro and I tranfered the file with bluetooth to my 10.1 honeycomb tab. On my tab, theres already contact number that I have transfered from my cell phone (different SIM card). Then I installed the .apk file. The apps work, even I never receive confirmation SMS from the apps. But the same problem like the others came up...., the contact number did not appear. But from my cell phone, I can send a message to my tab because after I save my tab phone number to my cell phone (SGS II, gingerbread), it appear on my phone's whatsapp contact list. And yes, I can reply the message back to my Tab. But the problem is the contact list is not appear!
I've try to uninstall and reinstall the apps a couple times and did not work out at all.

Today: I try to re-download the apps but this time directly from my tab via WIFI. Then I install the apps and follow the instruction as usual. But again, there's no confirmation SMS from the apps sent to my tab.
Then, the instruction to touch the "pencil" icon appear (contact list icon), so I touched it. Suddenly.. all the contact number that has whatsapp appears!! complete with their status.

So I really not sure why it works now. Is it because I downloaded the apps directly from my tab?? One thing for sure, I've imported all contact list to the device not to google account.

Just give it a try guys... check the link below. Goodluck!

Last edited by a moderator:

VC1

Dec 31, 2011
The contacts issue was solved on my tab by enabling the "View hidden Contats under Whatsapp settings (Settings/More...)

lirona

Feb 5, 2012
i did as suggested here and downloaded the app directly from whatsapp site when i try to instsll it says that it cant recognize my device and wont let me proceed with the installation. anyone have a similar issue/fix for it?

wasmacfreak

Oct 28, 2011
i did as suggested here and downloaded the app directly from whatsapp site when i try to instsll it says that it cant recognize my device and wont let me proceed with the installation. anyone have a similar issue/fix for it?

What type/kind of android tablet do you use?

carlosoto

Oct 15, 2012
the is a site calledEL RINCON DEL CANON that claim to have an answer! it is in spanish and many people says it works,check it