When in December will Asus Transformer Prime comes out?

rcjames

Oct 31, 2011
When in December will Asus Transformer Prime comes out? Will it be out just on time for Christmas? Where are we able to pre-order?

mbo1951

Jul 10, 2011
I believe it should be available in "early December." (That's what ASUS has said.) There are no places where one can preorder as far as I can tell. My guess is that it will be in pretty limited supply at first.

rcjames

Oct 31, 2011
I wonder if that means before Christmas. Hmmm.......... Do you know if I can preorder it yet?

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Well, they'll want it out before the holiday season! Why get it out in December but after the holidays? Considering that they would have to get it out only the WEEK after Christmas to get it in December, it makes no sense to release it then when they only need just over a week, as said, to get it in before Christmas. They would also want time to market it. They said early December, I think we can trust ASUS to stick to their word.

Don't forget that they also confirmed the Prime will get Ice Cream Sandwich after it's release, and it would get the update in December; to squish all that in, they would have to release it early in the month.

Nothing out yet regarding a preorder, though.

rcjames

Oct 31, 2011
Well, they'll want it out before the holiday season! Why get it out in December but after the holidays? Considering that they would have to get it out only the WEEK after Christmas to get it in December, it makes no sense to release it then when they only need just over a week, as said, to get it in before Christmas. They would also want time to market it. They said early December, I think we can trust ASUS to stick to their word.

Don't forget that they also confirmed the Prime will get Ice Cream Sandwich after it's release, and it would get the update in December; to squish all that in, they would have to release it early in the month.

Nothing out yet regarding a preorder, though.

Thank you. Yes it's true what you said that it make sense getting out before Christmas. But they can delay then delay. Who knows. But yea you're right that they're plan is to get it out for the holiday. But also the new os is fairly new and tablet with Ice Cream suppose to be out be out next year except Asus since Asus has the first Ice Cream Sandwich tablet for consumer to be available then anybody else. Also the first tablet sporting Tegra 3. :)

Seadart

Jul 24, 2011
Anyone seen anything about a 'G' version of the Prime? The TF101 came without a G version but that came later, can we expect the same for the Prime, wait a bit and get a G - perhaps 4G this time? The TF101 is 3G I believe. I bought the 'plain' TF101 and then soon after the G showed - wish I had waited a little longer!