When is ICS coming out for Acer Iconia?

m1tch

Feb 28, 2012
Hi, Im new to all this Android stuff but i've had my tab for about a month or two and I heard ICS should be coming out on all tabs very soon, Some other tabs have it but I can't get it for mine? Do I have to download it manually or just wait?

antrobus

Feb 29, 2012
As far as I am aware it hasn't been released yet. I bought the a500 recently, did two updates (started on 3.0, followed by 3.1 and then 3.2 which it is currently on now). I read somewhere recently that it is coming out around October, but whether or not this is the case i don't know

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
antrobus said:
As far as I am aware it hasn't been released yet. I bought the a500 recently, did two updates (started on 3.0, followed by 3.1 and then 3.2 which it is currently on now). I read somewhere recently that it is coming out around October, but whether or not this is the case i don't know

5.0 is rumored to be out in the fall. From the discussions on here, it does not sound like ICS is that much of an improvement over Honeycomb. I have been waiting for it to be available for the Sony S too.

m1tch

Feb 28, 2012
Its just that I had heard about it coming out by the end of Febuary and it is the end of Feb and still no update :( (N)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi, Im new to all this Android stuff but i've had my tab for about a month or two and I heard ICS should be coming out on all tabs very soon, Some other tabs have it but I can't get it for mine? Do I have to download it manually or just wait?

Android updates are at the discretion of the manufacture of the hardware. So even though Google has released the source code and other tablets might have the update it doesn't mean that you will also be able to get it. You can check the manufacturer's website to see if there are any notices regarding the update or you can keep an eye on the forums and wait for the rumors to become reality.

Jarhead13803

Mar 6, 2012
17 Feb 2012 [h=1]Acer Iconia Tab Tablets Updated to Android 4.0[/h] San Jose, CA
Acer America is now updating its award-winning Acer Iconia™ Tab line of tablets with the latest version of Android 4.0 OS (Ice Cream Sandwich).
The update is being pushed to Acer Iconia Tab A200 customers over-the-air now in the United States and will be completed over the following week. The Acer Iconia Tab A100 7-inch tablet and Acer Iconia Tab A500 10-inch tablet will both be updated in April.
With Android 4.0, the Acer Iconia Tab line will......

There's more that you can read on their site but the above answers your question.