When is the USA release?

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
I am thinking about getting a Asus Transformer and I am wondering if there is a USA release date yet? I know that several web sites jumped the gun and listed it but was curious if there is an official date yet.

Cen5

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Asus Eee Pad Transformer coming to America this month for $399

The Asus Eee Pad Transformer has been making a world tour lately, launching first in Taiwan and then in the UK. But what about the US? Turns out the wait is almost over. We already know that electronics retailer Best Buy will offer the Android tablet with an optional keyboard docking station, and now we also know the price.

Joanna Stern reports that the tablet will run $399, while the keyboard dock will set you back another $149. The tablet’s not a Best Buy exclusive. It will also be available from other stores later this month.

Source: Asus Eee Pad Transformer coming to America this month for $399

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
Well, I have my $400 sitting in savings waiting for it and I am getting impatient! By the end of the month I will have enough to get the docking keyboard too. I want it NOW!

I wish Best Buy would let you preorder it...

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
Well, I have my $400 sitting in savings waiting for it and I am getting impatient! By the end of the month I will have enough to get the docking keyboard too. I want it NOW!

I wish Best Buy would let you preorder it...

You and me both. I set up my Nook Color, and sold it this weekend. I really just want the ability to pre-order it. Best Buy has the Acer Iconia on pre-order, so why not this? This is definitely the better tablet of the two, and is cheaper to boot, and I certainly won't spend 200 more on a Xoom with the same (and in some cases worse) specs. I can wait, but why I can pre-order a Sony NGP that won't come out for months, and not this which comes out in a couple weeks is absurd.

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
April 26th

Very soon! Good luck to all. I would get this if I wasn't going to get Galaxy 10.1...still waiting tho