when will Toshiba release icecream sandwich 4.0 update

DBlaser

Jun 17, 2011
I contacted Toshiba Canada to find out if there were going to be any updates to the Thrive to take it up to ICS.

It took a few days for them to get back to me, but they did eventually call me back saying that Toshiba has determined that they will NOT be putting out an OTA update for the Thrive (AT100) to take it up to ICS. They will only be releasing ICS on their new tablets which are supposedly coming out soon.

Personally, I think that all of us who have Thrives should contact them through their support feedback form and tell them how disappointed we are in their decision to not release ICS for the Thrive, and put some consumer pressure on them to push out OTA updates to bring it up to ICS.

myadtviola

Nov 25, 2011
Ahhh, I bought my 10" from Amazon at a great price. I like it a lot. I find honeycomb buggy. I would look towards jelly bean and a new tablet, rather complain about this thrive. This is my first tablet, my trainer if you will. I wasn't sure how I would use a tablet vs my old Samsung Vibrant. My carrier is T-Mobile which has awful coverage in my neighborhood.
I am not sure I would stay with Toshiba and, as T-Mobile is now reshuffling post AT&T, I still don't know how to separate phone use from tablet?

So my actual reply to OP's line is who cares? Wait for jelly bean when you can be a more informed consumer?

Flatdog7

Mar 7, 2012
This may be old news but I thought I would add it anyway. Its would seem that the Thrive will get ICS, if this report is to be believed. I really hope so because if it is not the case then I will ditch the thrive and recommend to all and sundry that they do not support the Toshiba product as it stagnates very quickly. Which would be a real pity because at the moment it is a very neat snappy tablet.

Here is the article. CES: Toshiba Engineers Commit to Android 4.0 ICS Update for 7, 10-inch Thrive | PhoneNews.com

OllieG

Oct 29, 2011
ICS for THRiVE Status Update - Toshiba Forums

...As the Announce message stated, and as Peter and I have said in a number of threads, ICS for Thrive is in the works, for both 7" and 10" versions. The ICS update for Thrive is just entering beta testing this week and will be released OTA via Service Station as soon as it is ready.

We would all prefer to have seen the late Spring target timeframe nailed, but we missed it. There's nothing dishonest or shameful about that. I would much rather miss a target date than release software before it is ready, for the sake of hitting the target.