Where are all the tough cases!!??

Mar 23, 2012
Hi all,

I like my A501 I really do, but what I dont understand is how such a high selling tab has not been deemed suitable or profitable for the likes of Griffin/Pelican/Lifeproof etc. Maybe its me but I have scoured the net and ebay and cannot find tough cases or waterproof cases specifically for the Acer Iconia 500 series...any help in locating greatly appreciated. If someone has an answer for the riddle of why no one seems to be making such cases given that you can get cases for Galaxy etc I would greatly appreciate it!

Cheers and thanks

LR

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
I found 10 threads in 4 pages here on cases. Maybe you searched the internet but not this site. do a little searching before starting a new thread, PLEASE

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I don't think there is a big enough market for manufacturers of hardened cases to put them out there in this economy even for segment leaders, which sadly, the A500 is not.

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
Truth be said the vast majority of cases are made for iPads. They occupy the biggest market share and its just not worthwhile for manufacturers to make cases for tablets that take less than 1% of the market share. With that in mind, Drycase makes a universal tablet bag that will fit your A500.

Mar 23, 2012
Thanks very much - appreciate the replies. I think for now I will go a generic case like the one gecko posted up. Funnily enough I have an Iphone 4 - the cases you can get for it including fully waterproof ones/floating form fit waterproof ones is crazy. I am keen to go for a HTC One soon, and hopefully a proper waterproof case for it.

Cheers

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
In one of the thread, the one about the "poll" which was a case I was interested in. No one responded to the poll and so the manufacturer dropped it like a HOT POTATO. I actually emailed the guy to see why he hadn't responded to various requests by A500 owners who were interested. He had the decency to get back to me but explained that he had shelved the idea due to the lack of interest.

We're a funny lot us ACER users.

dlbott

Aug 4, 2012
me' personally not sure i would want or need a hard case. this cheap leather one, which from a cali company by way of china, is very sturdy. i wish it had a latch for the screen cover flap so if i did drop it it would stay closed. not sure how it would actually protect if dropped but it seems like it would. do need to fashion some kind of latch for screen cover flap. the tablet is heavy, i like that as upposes to cheap lite plastic feeling tablets, but add heavy hard case and it might be a bit much.

just my opinion.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
The case I was talking about would not have added much in the way of weight. The one plus was that the case improved the hold on the tablet, being silicon rubber, and would add a vast degree of protection to the A500. No tablet slip from hand accidents.