Where can I find the USB driver for Android 3.0?

Barty001

Aug 8, 2011
Still can't find a driver for the USB port. Who would have thought this would be this difficult.

Bobo2000

Aug 8, 2011
  1. Firstly download the file Android USB driver for Windows and unzip to your computer. Go enable debugging on your phone. (Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging).
  2. Unplug all removable devices(thumb drive, sdcards, etc) beside the Android phone.
  3. Locate "Device Manager", usually under "control panel"
  4. Select "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"
  5. Select USB Mass Storage Device.
    Note: to check if you have the correct device, click on the details tab and select "compatible ids" under properties. There should be three items listed under value.
  6. Select uninstall driver
  7. Close the window. Now in device manager a new "Android Phone USB device" with a yellow! will appear. If not, Unplug your android device or select Action -> Scan.
    Note: view optional steps below if you still have problem with the your windows automatically installing drivers.
  8. Click on the "Android Phone USB device"
  9. Select "browse my computer to driver software"
  10. Under "search this location for driver", Browse for the location that you have unzip the android_usb_windows and select the corresponding folder for your system(AMD64 for 64bit systems or x86 for 32bit systems. Right click -> properties on "My Computer" to check which system you have)
Google USB Driver | Android Developers Heres the USB driver. Hope it works!