where can i get a spare charging cable from?

brandysnap

Aug 4, 2011
i will be charging the machine in one room, and syncing on a daily basis in another.

i dont want to have to disconnect the charging cable all the time and relocate it because itll be placed down behind a cabinet in a very awkward spot.

so, where can i get a spare cable that i can connect to my pc?
(i saw one advertised on amazon, but it was a mini-usb cable and im pretty certain that the tablet doesnt have a usb port on it. - so that cable is useless to me)

im just getting the normal transformer without the keyboard dock.

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
Looks like they are finally popping up in places. Back in early July when I needed one I could not find one anywhere nor online!

Mike02z

Jul 5, 2011
I just want to find a longer cable! I figured I would try a USB extension but that did not work for anyone thinking that might be an option.

EDIT: Apparently you need a USB 3.0 extension cable to extend the Transformer power cable. I just purchased one from Amazon and it should arrive tomorrow. I will post once I try it out.

Last edited:

lightstream

Jul 14, 2011
Ordered online last night and picked it up today at Office Depot. They charged $29.99 and I saved $10 shipping by picking it up in the store. I got an email from ASUS letting me know they have them in stock now for $49.99. Glad I saw a comment here about Office Depot.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Ordered both the USB 3.0 extension cable and a picked up the last spare transformer adapter on the shelf at my local Office Depot, thanks for the tips.

techman47

Jul 20, 2011
My additional charger/adapter/lead has just arrived from Asus UK shop which appears to be in the Netherlands if you go by the package address label or Germany if you go by the invoice? anyway the item heading states with UK and euro plugs which you would expect anyway but the website description states global travel kit clearly showing all global adapter heads such as USA & Australia included but these are not in the box only UK and Euro.
Have emailed them to ask why but still awaiting a reply. Has anyone else ordered from here and got all the kit?

Last edited:

grangeb7

Aug 17, 2011
Oh, and there are several different varietis of plugs available, check which one is on the box lid.

techman47

Jul 20, 2011
The picture and description showed all plug heads and stated it was a global kit! they have responded and accepted the error but don't appear to be correcting the shortage as yet but they are correcting the website!