Where can I get the Thinkpad Tablet with 3g?

spark

Jul 27, 2011
Hi,
I've been looking through the internet for quite a time, the only place I found was in germany and switzerland. Can I buy it somewhere in a store in the us?

regards

Last edited:

iveman89

Oct 7, 2011
From what I have read there is some misinformation about ThinkPad tablets with 3G available right now. There are 2 models 1838(wifi) and 1839(3g). I don't think the 1839 will be available until late oct or nov. I might be wrong. I do know that you can buy 1838 right now and open it. You can buy an aftermarket wireless card and install it. If you go on the Lenovo forums you can find the information.

spark

Jul 27, 2011
Thanks for that, thank you for registering after you saw that nobody helped me :). I'll it now anyway and I upgrade it if I need the 3g after. As I read, this is not an official upgrade (but working fine anyway) and will break the warranty. That way it would be already now possible to have 3g.

iveman89

Oct 7, 2011
no problem. I just got mine on thursday, but I am having a blast with it. As with any new devices it does have problems, but mostly software. I wish this tablet was not overlooked by others, but what are you going to do.