Where can the Coby Kyros (Gen 2) be Purchased? Price trends?

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
My local Brandsmart is advertising a Coby 10incher with capacitive screen for $259. It's the brand new version of the 7022, only 10 inches.

I wouldn't do it. You can get the g tablet for that price which is better

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
When I bought my 7022 it was at TRU for 179.99. If you like TRU on FB you can print a 20 percent off coupon. It says it wont work on tablets and the cashier said the discount would come off one of the toys we bought, not the tablet. The cashier did not pay attention and when I looked at the reciept forty dollars had been taken off the price of the tablet. They might have fixed it by now. That was two weeks ago. If not thats the 7022 for $140.

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
MID-7022

Amazon:Amazon.com: Coby Kyros 4 GB 7-Inch Wifi Tablet with Touchscreen and Android 2.3 MID7022-4G (Black): Electronics

My Review:
OK so I was going to get the Kyros Mid 7024 but shortly before I ordered it is found out that this product the 7022 had just came out with multi-touch and android 2.3.

This product is stable and easy to use. There are alot of apps on the AppsLib but it is limited. I myself installed the true Android Tablet Setup(search youtube for "How Install android Market on Coby Kyros 7022") and it now has no limitations, including access to the Android Market and the Amazon Apps Market.

I also got Netflix, Flash 10.3, Hulu, .avi videos, a nintendo emulator, etc.

I would not suggest this to someone who is not a tinkerer. This takes alot of time to configure just right(4+ hours) but it is so worth it if you do.

So if you need a tablet that just works but has alot of limitations, get an iPad(for like $700) but if you looking for a tablet that has next to no limits and you like configuring and tinkering for a much lower price, GET THIS TABLET!

Side notes;
ACE Digital photo shipping come with a data cable and a mini to standard size usb converter, wall charger, sleeve(buy a case, offers no protection) and head phones.

The Lexerd - Coby Kyros MID-7024 TrueVue Anti-glare MP3 Screen Protector, does fit this well enough and it really makes this anti-glare and finger print resistant.

I suggest the SquareTrade 3-Year Electronics Warranty Plus Accident Protection (Electronics $175-200), it works on this product (I called to make sure) and covers for 3 years.

yusoweird

Sep 21, 2011
Here is a unbranded version of the MID7022. But this tablet didn't come with a stock recovery. In order to get clockworkmod recovery installed, you must use FDWN to flash clockworkmod and CM7. Then, you can use beg someone for the original stock ROM and clockworkmod to install it. It works exactly the same as 7022 with no issue... The only difference? $153 free shipping!!! :D 3 weeks delivery time :(

Enjoy...

7" Capacitive Screen Android 2.3 Tablet PC w/ WiFi/HDMI/OTG/3D Acceleration (1.2GHz/4GB) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Last edited:

pbenson67

Oct 18, 2011
Coby Kyros MID 7022 on sale for $144.99 at Toys R US.
Coby MID7022 7 inch 4GB Tablet - Coby Electronics - Toys "R" Us

I bought mine last Sunday for $179.99 with a $20 off deal using Bill Me Later. I just called and got them to price match so in the end I paid $124.99!! Very happy with my purchase so far. This is my first post here, I am a total newbie to Android, rooting etc...I have lots of questions but trying to find the answers myself before i start bugging people here.

My wife has an iPad 2 that cost $500 more than my MID7022, while you can't compare them directly I definitely feel I got more bang for my buck.

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Coby Kyros MID 7022 on sale for $144.99 at Toys R US.
Coby MID7022 7 inch 4GB Tablet - Coby Electronics - Toys "R" Us

I bought mine last Sunday for $179.99 with a $20 off deal using Bill Me Later. I just called and got them to price match so in the end I paid $124.99!! Very happy with my purchase so far. This is my first post here, I am a total newbie to Android, rooting etc...I have lots of questions but trying to find the answers myself before i start bugging people here.

My wife has an iPad 2 that cost $500 more than my MID7022, while you can't compare them directly I definitely feel I got more bang for my buck.

Just saw the ad today. Great price for a great tablet! I've been using mine everyday since the beginning of July

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
Just bought mine at Toys R Us. On sale $144.99 with free shipping. Had to buy from the web. None of the stores near me had one in stock. To be delivered on Thursday. This is the second one. The first had to go back to Amazon - defective. Was getting ready to re-order from Amazon when I found this. It is an excellent tablet at a very good price (even at $180.00).

Rybren

Oct 27, 2011
Staples Canada has stopped carrying the MID7024 and is clearing out their stock at $137. I picked one up last weekend, but it was a dud - even with the firmware update, it would take 3 or 4 tries to boot and would lock up regularly. None of the stores in my area have any left (unless you count the piles of returned broken ones like mine) According to the sales folks, most of the units that they've sold have been returned.

ion54

Nov 22, 2011
Got two from Staples Canada (mid7024) for only $97/pc. Both modified to Evolution rom, ver. 1, no overclock. No issues with any of them. I can part with one of them as I will not use two in the same time.

Last edited:

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
I just snagged an MID7022 off ebay for $154 shipped.

Update: Turns out the eBay seller packed bags and left town. 350+ people involved in this scam... Bought an MID7127 off Amazon for $165.

Last edited: