Where is file manager on Xoom?

johnL

Mar 7, 2011
I have a Xoom and need transfer files from my Win system for update/viewing. I want to setup folders on the Xoom. I cannot find a "file manager" on the Xoom. Where is it and how do I invoke it?

THX

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

ams77

Apr 1, 2011
can i transfer files from Xoom to flash memory or from the flash to Xoom
if no, which tablet can do this

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
can i transfer files from Xoom to flash memory or from the flash to Xoom
if no, which tablet can do this

the Xoom has a port for micro SD card but it is not available (which is a big negative). Your best option is to use a computer to transfer your files from the flash memory to the Xoom (connect Xoom to computer and flash memory to computer then using Windows Explorer to transfer them between the two.).

There are many tablets that have a working SD (whether micro or full) card port. There are also tablets with a full USB port. The Xoom has a micro USB port.

ams77

Apr 1, 2011
thx but i mean can i connect the flsh memory direct to the xoom and transfer the files
between both of it

dshearn2000

Mar 26, 2011
We just started to sell the Xoom , I love the thing. I wish it had a filemanager like Galaxy S. Since it does not i have used ASTRO. Astro is nice.

With out the SD card turn on , We are useing DROPBOX out of the market. It basically lets you jump files around from phone to pad to computer.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
thx but i mean can i connect the flsh memory direct to the xoom and transfer the files
between both of it

Unfortunately as of right now, you are only able to transfer files from your micro-USB cable to your computer and vice-verse. There are other 'alternative' ways like dropbox etc... The SDCard upgrade that should be up coming will fix the SD issue. There is some speculation that it will be able to hold a 64GB card, although best to prepare for a basic 32GB card. This will in essence double the diskspace of the tablet.