Where Is Spell Check?

Eyeliv2ryde

Aug 14, 2014
Can't find spell check when typing emails or anything else for that matter. How do I access or activate spell check? Assuming there is a spell check feature, is it only available if I type on the tablet or can I use it with my Belkin bluetooth keyboard?
Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Spell check, (I have found) is a function of the on-screen keyboard in real time and/or the particular app. It's a hit and miss.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
For Outlook, MS says the following:

Spell check

Spell check for Outlook.com is provided by your browser.
  • With most newer browsers, spelling is checked continuously as you write. Words not found in the spell-check dictionary are underlined in red. To take action, right-click the word.

• With older browsers like Internet Explorer 7 or 8, you’ll need to run spell check . Click Spell check in the Outlook.com menu bar. When spell check is complete, a message will appear at the bottom of the browser. In the message, words that need your attention are underlined in red. To take action, click the word.
Your choices during spell check
  • If the correct spelling appears in the list of words, click it.

• To have spell check ignore a word it doesn’t recognize in this and all future emails, click Add to dictionary.

• To have spell check disregard all instances of the word for this email only click Ignore or Ignore all.
If spell check isn't working, try updating your browser.

For more help with composing email, contact customer support.