Where is the Nexus 10 magnetic screen off switch sensor?

jztemple

Jul 17, 2013
I've had an issue recently with my Nexus 10 and I think it might be with the way I start the power down process and then close the lid on my Snugg cover, which has the magnetic to cause the N10 to blank it's screen. I think that might have interfered with the power down process. I don't really care about the lid being closed turning off the screen as I can remember to do that, I really don't want to have to worry that some magnet might be causing me problems. So if some one knows, where is the magnetic sensor on the N10 that controls the screen blanking? I want to make sure I've removed or otherwise neutered the proper magnet in the cover. Thanks for any help.

UPDATE: Never mind, I found it. Or rather I found the magnet in the cover and figured out where it was positioning on the Nexus 10 when closed. I removed the magnet and now if the screen stays on it's my own fault.

Last edited:

sknight702

Jun 10, 2013
i have been wondering this same exact thing! I also have the red Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 and that thing comes with some kind of magnetic cover that does NOTHING...