where is the recycle bin & how to retreive accidently deleted items

rosco49

Sep 16, 2011
i'm a new user and have misterously lost 2 video clips taken from my Acer A500 tablet. i cannot locate the recycle bin to retreive (hopfully) the lost info..... help regards rosco49

whats a trackback?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
1. There is no "recycle bin" in the Android system, sorry. You may be able to get them back with an undelete app, there are some around but I have never used one so I can't provide a specific recommendation.
2. Trackbacks are like breadcrumbs, they allow a user to see where their documents have been used or referenced by others.

rosco49

Sep 16, 2011
Great thanks for that I will try both suggestions cheers rosco

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

mark291

Jun 24, 2013
did you have your problem solved? I am having the same problem here.

edit:
I found the solution. Yes, there's no recycle bin on android device, however, I found this android data recovery tutorial which can recover deleted photos videos from android tablet:
How to recover files from android device

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mark, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Unfortunately, there is no "recycle bin" if something is deleted/disappears in Android it's gone.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi Mark, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Unfortunately, there is no "recycle bin" if something is deleted/disappears in Android it's gone.

The Dumpster app is just like the 'recycle bin' on the PC. Try it. Works great.

kateberry

Mar 4, 2014
did you have your problem solved? I am having the same problem here.

edit:
I found the solution. Yes, there's no recycle bin on android device, however, I found this android data recovery tutorial which can recover deleted photos videos from android tablet:
How to recover files from android device
This one can be a solution.

Last edited: