where is the thumd keyboard for a500

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
I use Tablet Keyboard Free and it works great. The only gripe i have is that the B key is on the wrong side.

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Keep your eyes open for Swftkey beta (Tablet, not Phone). They will soon be starting an open beta for the tablet version.
I have the closed beta, and it is awesome.

swiftkey-tablet2.jpg

swiftkey-tablet.jpg

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Oh yeah, baby! I assume those are cursor keys below the number pad, right?

Yup. And there is a full QWERTY keyboard available (one tap away) for lap typing with all 10 fingers and thumbs.

And Swiftkey is not like other keyboards that simply guess words.

Swiftkey guesses language. And it learns from your typing.

So after a day or two, as soon as you type Acer it automatically suggests the next word Iconia before you even type a single letter.
So you can often complete entire sentences by just tapping the space bar or selecting the next full word from the suggestions.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Yup. And there is a full QWERTY keyboard available (one tap away) for lap typing with all 10 fingers and thumbs.

And Swiftkey is not like other keyboards that simply guess words.

Swiftkey guesses language. And it learns from your typing.

So after a day or two, as soon as you type Acer it automatically suggests the next word Iconia before you even type a single letter.
So you can often complete entire sentences by just tapping the space bar or selecting the next full word from the suggestions.

I am running one version of Swiftkey on my Droid Incredible, so I am familiar with the last part you mention. I think the keys are a little too small on my DI in portrait mode and I tend to make a lot more mistakes, though a lot of them are corrected by Swiftkey...

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I am running one version of Swiftkey on my Droid Incredible, I think the keys are a little too small on my DI in portrait mode and I tend to make a lot more mistakes,

The new Swiftkey X beta seems way less prone to wrong-key problems compared to the paid version. You might try testing that (free in market). I've been using it and its much better for me on the Nexus one, but the beta is a bit of a memory hog right now.