Where to buy Archos in stock?

Gargy

Dec 10, 2010
Yeah, I considered the G-Tablet but I saw so many complaints about the screen... plus you have to do so much to it to make it usable. And since it's for my wife I would be in major **** if I bricked it ;-) It doesn't look like there are are any Android tablets right now that are really good all around, with the possible exception of the Galaxy Tab. But it's way too expensive since we don't really need 3G.

I'm guessing whatever I would buy will be obsolete within a year, maybe two at the outside, since the Android tablet world is so much in flux now.

Kahoolie

Oct 21, 2010
All computers are obsolete within months (if not days) of introduction. The key is obtaining one what will salsify your needs in the most cost effective manner (sorry for the BizSpeak). Since many of us (me included) are new to tablets, IMHO the goal is to get one that:
a) does not require technical modification. (Many of us are not techies, or are giving them as presents.)
b) Is not too expensive.
c) will allow us to try the "tablet experience" and learn what we really want in a year or two when the market stabilizes.

The Archos 101 met these goals for me. I'm quite happy with it, and I am learning about what a tablet can do currently, and what I will want in my next one.

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
All computers are obsolete within months (if not days) of introduction. The key is obtaining one what will salsify your needs in the most cost effective manner (sorry for the BizSpeak). Since many of us (me included) are new to tablets, IMHO the goal is to get one that:
a) does not require technical modification. (Many of us are not techies, or are giving them as presents.)
b) Is not too expensive.
c) will allow us to try the "tablet experience" and learn what we really want in a year or two when the market stabilizes.

The Archos 101 met these goals for me. I'm quite happy with it, and I am learning about what a tablet can do currently, and what I will want in my next one.

For the average consumer, I do agree here. One other point, if your budget allows it, one should consider buying the one with the latest hardware (e.g dual core processors; largest RAM; etc). Remember that you want your tablet to last a few years not a one or two years. You are shelling out your hard earned money so don't buy a tablet that will not be able to run apps one or even two years from now. Yes, dual core processors are overkill for probably 98% of the apps out there but this market is evolving so quickly. By this time next year, we may find that dual core will be required to run the latest apps especially games. Just my two cents.

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
So is the 10.1 available anywhere? I didn't see it on Tiger Direct and was told to just keep checking Archos site every day.

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
Archos showed the 8 Gig in stock a bit ago and it's already gone.. I really wanted a 16 gig but was gonna think about just getting the 8 and before I knew it it was gone. So check Tiger Direct on Friday and will it be the 8 or 16 or both?

Last edited:

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
friday is the day tiger gets more stock, so keep your eyes open..:)

Yeah and I have two already on back-order from LAST friday with Tiger so mine will get filled first. Better be quick on the gun because judging by the backorders they have there may not be many available for new purchases.

Upper90

Dec 14, 2010
I lucked out last Friday around 11am and got an order in at Tiger, was delivered to Ohio about 4 pm today. I am trying to read up as much as possible as this is a present for my 10 year old daughter. I have no desire to start tinkering around with it before Christmas and ruin it. Hopefully it will at least do some fun things for us until Archos fixes the Flash and Wi Fi issues so I am thinking of sticking with 2.1. Looking for opinions, should I open it up and make sure it connects to our home wi fi at least? Thanks

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
Archos showed the 8 Gig in stock a bit ago and it's already gone.. I really wanted a 16 gig but was gonna think about just getting the 8 and before I knew it it was gone. So check Tiger Direct on Friday and will it be the 8 or 16 or both?

friday is the day tiger gets more stock, so keep your eyes open..:)

Where can i find these tablets in stock archos 101?

Yeah and I have two already on back-order from LAST friday with Tiger so mine will get filled first. Better be quick on the gun because judging by the backorders they have there may not be many available for new purchases.

Apparently they r getting 450 units in stock, am not told the models but i am assuming its a combination of both 8 and 16GB; as for the B/O issue I would suggest you call and have them wave the shipping cost as a way to compensate; i also had them upgrade the shipping to next day for free..:)

Good Luck to all!!

Jseville

Dec 13, 2010
My 101 arrived yesterday that I had ordered 3 weeks ago from Amazon.

Took awhile to learn about getting the google market in it versus the cheesy app library that is native. But misssion was accomplished with help of Dropbox since I had no sd card yet.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

peeam

Dec 7, 2010
I purchased both 70 and 101 (16 GB) but prefer 70 for portability. I may sell the 101 in a few days if no one in the family wants it.

Last edited: