Where to buy Archos in stock?

MutantRage

Dec 18, 2010
101:both 8 and 16GB are in stock on tigerdirect.com;

70:8GB in stock as well;

Ordered the 101 8GB from TigerDirect on 12-17 2 day shipping, should be here on the 21st according to UPS. Can't wait! I see on the Archos site that 2.2 is ready for download, and it does not include flash; is there an .apk I can sideload?

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
Hey I ordered mine Friday morning from Tiger Direct. I got the 16 gig. I can't wait. Someone on an Amazon thread said that the old 2.2 was buggy and that the other day a new updated 2.2 firmware is out and that it's much better and faster. I was also told to get the Market place4.apk I think and not 2.apk.I really hope I like it. I want a case for it though for when I take it to work and would also like a screen protector. For those who have one tell us all about it. I know Angry Birds plays well I also play Word Feud. Will I have to have a different user name on the Archos then I do on my phone or can I play the game on one and it will update on the other? I was told to download you tube app and flash from market place and Archos told me there working with Adobe for flash to be out soon. Someone said they got Dolphin HD browser and a you tube add on. I don't really know. But on my phone I just got a new browser I kind of like Miren. Mine should arrive Tues or Wed. Archos site came up twice this week showing the 8 and 16 but when I clicked on the 16 there was no add to cart it was weird. They now tell me no more till January 7th. So I'm glad I got mine in at Tiger Direct. I ordered at like 3am Friday and one day for 20 bucks wouldn't of gotten here till Monday anyway cause of the weekend so paid 7 bucks and I can wait till Tues or Wed. My friends husband wanted a tablet and was wanting an ipad but then chose the A70 and is getting it for Christmas. I said oh he will love it. He also has an EVO like me and she's getting one soon too. I call it the A-Pad for Android and I guess Archos LOL! Oh and will I be able to use Swype on here?

Last edited:

Knight22

Nov 26, 2010
Was on tigerdirect the Archos 101 was available so I added to my cart, then looked around the site a little more, went to check out about 5min later and it was backordered. So, do any other sites have it or is it very hit-or-miss? Would like to get it before Christmas but right now that looks out of reach.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
I got an email from droidpad saying arches hasn't shipped my tablet yet. Im guessing archos just can't keep up with demand.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Tablet Forum App

FLUX1231

Dec 23, 2010
Just a heads up... I just ordered my Archos 70 250gb that has been very hard to find from just4electronics.com

I had got a Archos 28 from them about a month ago for my wife and like d the service, told them to notify me when the 70 250 was in and got an email today.... not to many available but i got one...

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
I got my tablet and got 2.2 reset it then put on Market place but it was version 5hte newest market place that I just got on my phone. I started with Angry Birds word Feud which froze a little some and force closed and I got a few other apps. I heart radio wouldn't work and rebooted my device twice. Sirius wouldn't connect at all.. Yahoo messenger and video still freezes up some amd one of the 12 preloaded apps you can get at the beginning the twitter one toutiere whatever it is kept force closing then all of a sudden I couldn't even touch my app icon without getting activity launcher force close over and over. I had to reset it was slow and lagging. So I reset since I really hadn't done much to it and this time I got the old marketplace version 4. Left off I heart Radio, Sirius and never put maps back on neither. But it made my tablet much better. I am still getting an occasional force close and even that activity launcher every so often but it's working so much better now. I love it! Surfing the web and emailing is great. I put a movie on there played fine. I have lots of music on there. Today I put in an 8 gig card and I bought the 16 gig one. I hate the screen being so dirty and full of fingerprints don't know what to clean it with. Would I use the same stuff I use on my laptop screen? I want a protector and would like a case. I love the kickstand it's just like my old Archos 605 and my new EVO cell phone has kick stand.

I got mine from Tiger Direct. But so far I like it. There is a glare on the screen and I hate the fingerprints on the screen. But I like it and it was cheaper than any other and my wifi works good. I love Angrybirds and word feud on here, Wow! I want to transfer my phones bookmarks to here and don't know if that's possible or how to do it. I guess I can email the links to myself. I also copied my Zedge folder over from my phone but the Archos doesn't recognize the ringtones or backgrounds even though they are in a Zedge folder on my Archos. But it's a cool little device and since I had an Archos before I went with them. No more getting out the big laptop. :)

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
My archos has been shipped, got a fedex tracking number, too.

Yeehaw can't wait.

What's cool is since it got shipped a few days late droidpad.com sent an hdmi cable and a carrying cover with my package.

I can't wait till it shows up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Tablet Forum App