Where to buy Archos in stock?

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
I thought I would share my frustrations in getting an Archos 70 with you. Please let me know if you have any ideas on how I might get one in Australia at a reasonable price (under $350USD including freight)

As I said my attempts to buy a Archos 70 in Australia have been very frustrating. On November 5th I ordered one through eXpansys a bit expensive at $360 including freight but they suggested delivery in 10 days and sent me an order tracking link.

I tracked my purchase I think it got down to about 10 days to delivery and then went out to 15 days delivery and after dropping a day each day got back to 11 and now today they announce 25 days until delivery. Mid December? Who knows what will be on offer by mid-December? Despite this the eXpansys site still says delivery normally 5 days and available November 15.

Is this normal for eXpansys or is this an Archos issue? Has anyone had any experience with eXpansys?

So with this frustration I thought I would look on eBay. There are at least 3 opened Archos 70s ranging in price from $370USB to $455 all plus freight from US, a bit expensive. It looks like street price is at least $100 dearer than the Archos shop.

Anyone got any ideas how to get an Archos 70 in Australia at a reasonable price?
Please, are there other brand name tablets you would recommend at around the $300 as an Archos equivalent? I am keen on capacitive touch.

tyy10002

Nov 13, 2010
rc211e

I am in the same boat, I am in US and I have pre-ordered the 101 since the beginning of Oct from Tiger Direct.. and kept getting emails "out of stock".. Nov1, Nov15.. etc. Last week, I canceled my order when I saw the viewsonic g-table for $379 - Faster CPU, more RAM, etc.. but no one is recommending the g-tablet now.. It is frustrated, there is no single Android tablet (with brand) is good enough.. except the Galaxy Tab which is $549 (On Black Friday sales in Best Buy here in US).. I am thinking to get the Nook Color (very good hardware A8 800hz + capacitive screen), and hopefully some developers will come up a good ROM to make it a full android tablet.. or Archos not making excuses and deliver the products as promised.

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
Yes I am starting to wonder whether it’s a bit early for all these tablets they all seem to lack something.

I would reconsider the iPad but it’s too heavy and too restrictive

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
Don't think any of us are going to see Archos devices anytime soon. Here is what they say on their UK site

8Gb 70 Out of stock : next shipment first half of December

16GB 101 Out of stock! Next shipment in the second half of December

Maybe it will have 2.2 by then!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are lots promising to do the same. But unless they have a secret source. They will likely have a post purchase: Sorry, but high demand has exceeded our inventory. Please wait as we get our next shipment. It will be (Insert date here).

My slim to none sources say the majority of 70s and 101s shipped this week will be strictly preorders and the pallets which are going to the "big boy distributors"

Edward222

Nov 19, 2010
I want a 70 internet with Android 2.2 and a 250 GB hard drive. I called Archos630-637-2463 and was told they do not have any. Does anyone know how to order one or when it might be available?

achoo04

Nov 28, 2010
Anyone have the inside scoop on the availability for these? I've been waiting them to be available, but I'm getting impatient. I'm thinking of getting the Viewsonic G Pad since its available in my area for local pickup. Any feedback would be appreciated.

-Thanks

Kbxy73

Nov 27, 2010
It looks to be available on that site. I tried to call just to verify they actually have it but they don't have any business hours today.