Where to buy Archos in stock?

TapNClick

Oct 17, 2010
Wow, already out of stock....amazing. I agree with you Tap, I'm just glad I ordered it when I did. I got my tracking confirmation at 4:51 p.m. central, I did 2 day shipping so I should have it Wednesday or Thursday.

I have mine on pre-order with J&R with about $6 in savings over the price on the Archos site. I'll continue to wait (might might keep gripeing anyway) since I have an iPad. Its just that I have other plans for the 101 once it finally arrives.

wm408

Dec 3, 2010
I really like new Archos Gen8 line like the rest of you. Its crappy that they're kind of testing the waters in the market / or making available all that they have when they have it.

Archos has yet to become Asus or Acer. Because of the current tablet explosion (thanks to Google, ARM, and all the smartphone makers out there, oh and cough cough Apple), Archos may find themselves in a great position in the next 3-6 months as far as growth with newer products that are even more pleasing, maintain a high-quality with a reasonable price, and make tech geeks like all of us smile.

zerotiger

Nov 11, 2010
They aren't "only testing the waters." I was talking to my contact at B&H corporate and he said the devices are flying off the shelves much faster than he and most retailers thought they would. This has forced Archos to ration them to try to keep all of their retailers happy. Archos can't even keep any of the new Android tablets in stock in their own store for more than a couple hours before it sells out. They had both in stock yesterday morning and by the afternoon they were gone.
I'm sure they are scrambling to get as many made as possible to meet the demand.

peeam

Dec 7, 2010
I ordered Archos 70 tablet from Circuit city 4 days back when they were available for a short time- still waiting for it to be delivered although the tracking says it is somewhere in the vicinity. I also ordered Archos 101 from Archos website which shows it marked as shipped. I thought that this would allow me to use both tablets and hopefully return one- Circuit city does have a 30 day return policy with no restocking fee. One thing slightly irritating about Circuit city is that their price ($299.99) was a bit higher than Archos ($274.99), Amazon ($277.20) or B&H ($269.95) and they would not price match for online sales and only do it if you called before purchase. As I was not sure how long they would be in-stock, I just ordered it online and thought that a $30 penalty was OK to have the device in my hands. I can still return it if the availability becomes better and the price differential stays although I may just happen to love it too much to part from it ;)

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
I had an order for the 101 with JR.com for the longest. Still nothing. I see that Amazon has the 70 in stock so I placed an order. No shipping fees with Amazon while Archos charges $9.00. I will keep the 101 preorder with JR.com. If I get it soon, I can resell it for more than what I paid.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
I had an order for the 101 with JR.com for the longest. Still nothing. I see that Amazon has the 70 in stock so I placed an order. No shipping fees with Amazon while Archos charges $9.00. I will keep the 101 preorder with JR.com. If I get it soon, I can resell it for more than what I paid.

thx, just did a preorder..!!

wm408

Dec 3, 2010
Got my 101 from Newegg just now. The thing came with 2.1-udpate1 on it, updating now over wifi!

First impressions = BAD ASS.

OMGOMGOMG im a nerd.
:D

Teamflail

Dec 6, 2010
Just checked my tracking, being deliverd today. The anticipation is killing me.

Hope you get it soon Jakeb1! I received mine about an hour ago and have it up and running. It is pretty sweet so far and hope to update to 2.2 a bit later unless I can download 2.2 via my phone tethering. Not going to hold my breath.

Bad ass is correct, wm408!

wm408

Dec 3, 2010

wm408

Dec 3, 2010
I have seen Apps like Skype get expanded to fit the screen, in turn blurring some of the Skype app graphics. I personally do not have a problem with this as Apps will get better over time.

Angry birds season edition looks great!

Hey guys,

I verify this works. Full Android market is functional. ;)