Where to get 1.4 software update

neumann

Dec 15, 2011
I just got my VTAB and it is running 1.1. I want to root but I also want to be able to run Netflix. I have been trying to find a way to just load the 1.4 software but I can't seem to find it. Can someone post a link and some quick instructions on applying a manual update?

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
I just got my VTAB and it is running 1.1. I want to root but I also want to be able to run Netflix. I have been trying to find a way to just load the 1.4 software but I can't seem to find it. Can someone post a link and some quick instructions on applying a manual update?

Is your vtab rooted? Are you planning to root it?

neumann

Dec 15, 2011
It's not rooted yet but I plan to. That's why I want 1.4 as opposed to the auto-update version which is 1.5 and breaks the root.

neumann

Dec 15, 2011
Yes and it launches but as soon as I try to stream a video, it errors out. Netflix compatibility was one of the features of the 1.3 update I believe.

Last edited:

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
It's not rooted yet but I plan to. That's why I want 1.4 as opposed to the auto-update version which is 1.5 and breaks the root.

Sorry, my bad. I did not fully read your OP.

There is no way to update to just 1.4 at the moment :(

BPisMe

Nov 16, 2011
I am expecting a new (replacement) VTab tomorrow. I'm wondering if it should be possible to put the CWM bootloader on it before letting it do an update. Has anyone tried this and will the CWM survive the update process?

Ideally, I would love to just upgrade it to 1.4 but it sounds like that is not an option yet. I would plan freeze the update service (this time with Titanium Backup) I do plan to root it.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks...Brad

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
I am expecting a new (replacement) VTab tomorrow. I'm wondering if it should be possible to put the CWM bootloader on it before letting it do an update. Has anyone tried this and will the CWM survive the update process?

Ideally, I would love to just upgrade it to 1.4 but it sounds like that is not an option yet. I would plan freeze the update service (this time with Titanium Backup) I do plan to root it.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks...Brad
I don't think that anyone has reported about this issue. Try and see.

All you have to lose is both CWM and root ;) If CWM survives then you could try to get root back with an update.zip from the sdcard and try to push su, superuser, busybox etc. No guarantees and completely untested.

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
I'm in the same boat, but am not too concerned about netflix. Is there a way to freeze updates before connecting to the internet and getting titanium backup in place? I need to be able to root to get adhoc support.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
I wonder whether it is possible to make a bootable micro SD card with Winhex and load 1.4 firmware to the tab.

BPisMe

Nov 16, 2011
Just got my VTAB. I got it from woot.com...the refurb deal. It says it has VIA 1.4 already so I think I'm good. I'll be rooting and installing Titanium Back soon. If people have ideas on how I could get the 1.4 saved off of it, I would be happy to try. (short of blowing it up again)

Brad