Where to get movies?

xmstazx

Mar 6, 2011
Ok so I got the 101 tablet, LOVE IT. I need to know where I can download movies for this. Thanks.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
anywhere you can legally buy digital movies.. :)
or you can rip your own dvd's as long as you don't share them..

xmstazx

Mar 6, 2011
Ok then my next question is what is a good site to buy digital movies? Sorry I know that's such a newbie question but I use netflix and don't download movies LOL THanks.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Yes. It's called Amazon Prime. Free for 30 days and then $79/yr. I think I read here somewhere that they bought out Netflix Europe to develop their Prime service.

xmstazx

Mar 6, 2011
is there anything other than paying 79 bucks a year? thanks guys for the help.

bobjenkins

Mar 6, 2011
If you're a student you can get amazon prime free for a year .

Search on Google student prime
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
face it, your going to have to pay one way or another.. i'd rather pay a flat $79/yr than $x.xx/movie any time.. esp. if the service is actually well-implemented. (someone please correct me if amazon is still charging per movie after the $79/yr).

xmstazx

Mar 6, 2011
it looks like once you pay the 79 bucks the movies are free, i'm looking at that stuff now.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
I am enjoying Amazon Prime. Free movies are great! No extra fees, Smooth HD videos anytime you want.Cheaper than Netflix or Blockbuster. My Tegra 2 processor makes for great viewing!

Last edited:

kewlbreeze

Mar 8, 2011
so I went to the Amazon Prime site andsigned up and then tried to download a movie....it tells me I need to install Adobe Flash 10.1 and asks if I want to do that and I click OK.

Adobe tells me it is not available for the XOOM yet. (But stayed tuned it soon will be).

What gives here???

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
If you don't mind old movies, sites like pdcomedy might have ones that have fallen out of copyright and would thus be in the public domain. I haven't spent much time there yet, but I'm hoping they'll have some old stuff like Laurel and Hardy (or that I could find such elsewhere free).

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
I have Adobe 10.1 Flash on my Elocity A7 , that is why I can view Amazon Movies, Motorola says you will have flash available soon from a update coming for 10.2 flash, Motorola Jumped the gun to start selling before I Poop2 (apple) came out. They did this knowing it couldn't play Flash movies!
Just retry Amazon Movies trial when you get flash update from Motorola website using a different email address when it comes out,like a. G mail, Yahoo, Aol, name.