Where would I find the ius backup file on my 7LP tablet?

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
I just recently purchased a SYNET7LP to replace my EX with a cracked screen. From the factory it is preloaded with 2.20 with a working screen rotation. I know the beta.ius files do not have a working rotation so I would like to see if the tablet has a backup file and if so save it to a bootable SD card. Yes I know if it does have a backup I can use the 3 finger method to load it, but I would prefer to have it on an SD card. Besides if I pull it off the tablet I will upload it to a file sharing site so others without 2.20 and working rotation can download it. Also I thought the people working on a custom rom may want to look at it. This version seams to be more stable and polished than beta3 and beta4 versions for the EX tablet. I did a file search for "11.2.0.6" and "ius" but came up with nothing.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I just recently purchased a SYNET7LP to replace my EX with a cracked screen. From the factory it is preloaded with 2.20 with a working screen rotation. I know the beta.ius files do not have a working rotation so I would like to see if the tablet has a backup file and if so save it to a bootable SD card. Yes I know if it does have a backup I can use the 3 finger method to load it, but I would prefer to have it on an SD card. Besides if I pull it off the tablet I will upload it to a file sharing site so others without 2.20 and working rotation can download it. Also I thought the people working on a custom rom may want to look at it. This version seams to be more stable and polished than beta3 and beta4 versions for the EX tablet. I did a file search for "11.2.0.6" and "ius" but came up with nothing.

Cat88Extreme, there are a few approaches to attempt to locate if a backup file exists on the device but unfortunately, they will all require some technical jargon. Let me know if you want to delve into that level of effort to assist us all because it would be appreciated if it could be located. You might want to review this old thread - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ecovery-tablets.html?highlight=razor+recovery which was "bigwooly"'s attempt to obtain a backup using a proven method but the effort was never completed. Some additional approaches exist but as I noted, it will require a rooted device with either "adb" or Android Terminal Emulator and running several commands, copying the files to the computer, reviewing them with a HEX editor and the InfoTM Wrap Update tools (IUW.exe) to verify success.

PS. During the update process the downloaded file is renamed and temporarily stored as "/local/system.ius". This is so no matter what the file name is on the update server the applications on the device all know to look in the same location. However, it also seems that upon completion of the update process that file is deleted or cleared so to your question above, where is the file used by the "three finger" factory reset. That will require some effort to locate and also noted above.

Last edited: