where's my space on my 8 gig card?

revnmaynard

Jul 31, 2011
so I run android through dual boot on the micro sd card. I'm running phiremod and honeycomb. I when I put the micro sd card in my computer I can't my android files. I Wanna add to the sd card through the pc. . when in the pc it says 95.8 megabytes free of 150 megabytes.I use it 8 gig card when I format it for the dual boot. where did all my space go? Also

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Download EaseUs (it's free) and take a look at the card and see if there is unformatted space on it. If there is you can either create a new partition or stretch an existing one to fill the space.

revnmaynard

Jul 31, 2011
How do i find out if there is unformatted space. and how do i create a new patron or stretch it to fill the space. can you give me a discripition of easeus, what it is and how to use it

alphawave7

May 1, 2011
How do i find out if there is unformatted space. and how do i create a new patron or stretch it to fill the space. can you give me a discripition of easeus, what it is and how to use it

EaseUs is a 'live' partition manager...when you run it, and select the given drive, it will display all partitions, and allow 'on'the fly' partitioning. Read the Getting Started guide or help files for more info.
Best FREE Partition Manager Freeware for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 32 bit & 64 bit. EaseUS free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.

revnmaynard

Jul 31, 2011
I really appreciate the info very helpful. one more thing, when I look at the sd card partition for the android I can see the files but whe when I try to click and drag files from the pc to the easeus partition manager the mouse turns into a circle with a line through it telling me I cant do it. So what can I do to add files to the sd card partition

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
I really appreciate the info very helpful. one more thing, when I look at the sd card partition for the android I can see the files but whe when I try to click and drag files from the pc to the easeus partition manager the mouse turns into a circle with a line through it telling me I cant do it. So what can I do to add files to the sd card partition

Did you recover the unformatted space first?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
so I run android through dual boot on the micro sd card. I'm running phiremod and honeycomb. I when I put the micro sd card in my computer I can't my android files. I Wanna add to the sd card through the pc. . when in the pc it says 95.8 megabytes free of 150 megabytes.I use it 8 gig card when I format it for the dual boot. where did all my space go? Also

If you used the size agnostic method for cerating a bootable SD all of your space is still there it just can't be seen directly by the PC. The bootable ROM creates a partition which functions as a vitrual mSD card for the OS to use with all lefterover space. You can access it by booting into the SD card OS then either plugging the Nook into the PC via USB or by using an app like Samaba to wirelessly move the files between the Nook and PC.

revnmaynard

Jul 31, 2011
If you used the size agnostic method for cerating a bootable SD all of your space is still there it just can't be seen directly by the PC. The bootable ROM creates a partition which functions as a vitrual mSD card for the OS to use with all lefterover space. You can access it by booting into the SD card OS then either plugging the Nook into the PC via USB or by using an app like Samaba to wirelessly move the files between the Nook and PC.

i believe i used winimage32 to format my micro sd card to run phiremod and honeycomb3.0 then i used easeus partition manager to take the space not being used and made it available. im not familiar with the agnostic method or maybe thats wahat i used.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
i believe i used winimage32 to format my micro sd card to run phiremod and honeycomb3.0 then i used easeus partition manager to take the space not being used and made it available. im not familiar with the agnostic method or maybe thats wahat i used.

The size agnostic method simply creates a few partitions needed for boot, system, internal memory and whatever is left over is partitioned as an "SDcard." If you use an image scaled to a certain size (2GB or 4GB for example) on a card with a larger capacity than the image size (you can always choose an image smaller than you card but never larger) then you may be able to recover some unused space with a partition manager. It really depends on what you are trying to to and how you go about it.

revnmaynard

Jul 31, 2011
The size agnostic method simply creates a few partitions needed for boot, system, internal memory and whatever is left over is partitioned as an "SDcard." If you use an image scaled to a certain size (2GB or 4GB for example) on a card with a larger capacity than the image size (you can always choose an image smaller than you card but never larger) then you may be able to recover some unused space with a partition manager. It really depends on what you are trying to to and how you go about it.
okay so I have used the easeus partition managerand got my space back on my 8 gig card.now what I'm trying to do is click and drag files from my pc to the sd card.sense the sd card is formated by win32 disc imagerthe pc does not recognize it.I can only view it in easeus partition manager but I am not allowed to add files on there.any help?

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Connect your nook (with the card in it) to your pc and mount the drives (should show 2 drives) then you should be able to drag and drop with no trouble.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

revnmaynard

Jul 31, 2011
R
Connect your nook (with the card in it) to your pc and mount the drives (should show 2 drives) then you should be able to drag and drop with no trouble.ent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
When I do that it says it doesn't recognize my device. Format the sd card. I went and installed the latest adb and still no luck

aldrin

Aug 12, 2011
I cannot see my SD card on my device Acer iconia a501 any suggestions

Sent from my A501 using Android Tablet Forum