Which Android tablet is the cheapest, but really usable?

beastman

May 8, 2011
Like everything else, you get what you pay for. Do you want a 7 in or 10 in screen? While it is not the cheapest or the most expensive, I thing the Viewsonic GTablet, after it has been rooted and had CyanogenMod 7 installed on it is the best for the money. It is $299.99 at Office Depot and is a 10 in. There is a largement community for it. There is a Cnn tablet app for it, and Netflix works on it (if you have a Netflix account). Documents To Go, which is an Android application that creates MS Office comparable documents works on it.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Less power and cheaper there is the dropad / herotab,
7" cortex-a8 running 2.2, but there is a 2.3 update out for it...

beastman

May 8, 2011
The CyanogenMod for the GTablet is android 2.3.4. It has a Tegra2 dual core processor, 512 ram, builtin 16 the sd card. It has a port for up to 32 the sdcard and both microusb and regular usb 2.0.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

toomuch

May 21, 2011
Surprisingly Big Lots is selling an 8" tablet for $149.99, the KLU8025 by Curtis.
I purchased one of these not expecting too much given the cheap price, I equipped it with an 8Gb TF card and set about playing around with it.
The specs are pretty high with a 1G processor, this little baby is actually awesome, it's running android 2.1 but there is talk of an upgrade on the manufacturers website pretty soon.
The best part is the video playback, it's awesome and perfectly smooth whatever you throw at it, I would say this thing is as good as tablets costing twice as much.
Of course it is NOT an ipad, battery life is around 3 hours, some sluggishness if too many apps are running but none the less awesome for the cost of this device.

beastman

May 8, 2011
Battery life on the GTablet is 8-10 hours, depending on what you are doing.

Sent from my GTablet running Cyanogenmod nightly using Android Tablet Forum

colnago

May 18, 2011
My tablet is the Coby Kyros 7024. It's running 2.2 right now (although I'm still waiting for braver souls to come up with a reliable 2.3 release). Prices are around $170. Installed Nook, Kindle, got the Android Market working. Downloaded Flash 10.3, too. Cheap, fun toy, best fun money I've spent this year.

Just my two cents. Enjoy whatever direction you choose.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

mariahrose

Oct 5, 2011
The Andy Pad Pro seems to be a keen contender; got a 4 /5 review the other day in stuff magazine which is pretty impressive!
The Pro is a 7 incher with capacative touch screen, 16 GB, Wifi, Bluetooth, two cameras, 1.2 Ghz (clocked at 1ghz I believe) processor, Android 2.3, and bundled Apps like Swiftkey!
Theres a standard version as well, which is the same but with resistive touchscreen, 8 GB, one camera, and £129. Good for kiddies.
Their website is here if you're interested
AndyPad.co.uk

modemnews

May 3, 2012
3G or WiFi only, 3G module will make the price higher. You can get WiFi only tablets around $100

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Lots of answers but it depends on what you want. If 7" screen is good then check ramos r17 pro. Very hot at the moment due to being dual core. In stock at redtabletpc.com & well worth a look. Around the corner(a week or 2 maybe) ainol releases its new tablets, again 7" screen but good tabs & tornado will sell for around £65/100usd ish. You can pre.order from many places but I recommend staying with supporting vendors as they have earned more trust fot their honesty than some more dubious sellers. Redtabletpc.com is one but there are others if you look on supporting vendors pages.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet