Which Android would you like to see on your Vtab?

Which OS would you like to see on your Vizio?

• Return to Vizio skinned Gingerbread (2.3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vizio skinned Honeycomb (3.x current OS)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Vizio skinned ICS (4.0)

• Vizio skinned Jelly Bean (4.2)

• Stock ICS (4.0)

• Stock Jelly Bean (4.2)

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The odds are slim, the battle is uphill, we are the underdogs and haven't got a prayer... but let's tell Vizio what we want from them for an OS update on the Vtab1008.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'd really like them to put stock Jelly Bean on the Vtab, rootable and using the capacitive buttons. Why not Vizio, you have no further plans for tablets at the moment that anybody can see. Might as well make what you do have out relevant to the extent possible and give you a chance to try out some new things with the latest Android OS.

IndyOne

Mar 12, 2012
Put me down for Stock JB.

Personally I don't think they will ever do it. After all, what's in it for Vizio ($$$) to update year-old tablet, no longer being produced, and with a 10" tablet in limbo, to the latest version of Android?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I agree, but it can't hurt to have a little fantasy can it? Heck it would be nice if they at least provided an unlock for it so it could be rooted and hacked. Although at this point I don't think it would get enough developer interest to go anywhere.

KenP

Feb 1, 2012
Seems lik it would be an easy way for vizio to do a little in the field research with an end of life product to see where they could go with a new product.

Just to unlock it wouldn't even cost much programmer time...

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

KenP

Feb 1, 2012
I voted for the latest and greatest but actually I'd settle for ICS and be pretty happy. HC is such a tweener where several apps I'd like to have won't run.
Ken

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

Last edited: