Which Antivirus/Internet Security Software App Works Best on the Zenithink ZT282 C71?

mase975

Sep 2, 2012
I just recently bought the Zenithink ZT282 C71 and I've been trying to decide which antivirus software I should install on it. I've heard that some antivirus applications slow down the performance while others don't. I am fairly new to the android OS although I did own a Nextbook once and it caught a virus so I am well aware that some type of antivirus security is needed. Any information and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

mase975

Sep 2, 2012
Hey, thanks for the input Spider. I've narrowed it down to 3 and those are two out of the three that I have been considering. The other one being Avast. Thats another thing, some people say the paid one's protect you better than the free ones. I guess I'm just paranoid about viruses, I run Kaspersky on my laptop now with no problems but before that I was using the free Windows Essentials and got viruses left & right. One was so bad that I had to let Best Buy get it off. Luckily I had their Geek Squad program at the the time so it didn't cost me anything, but man, that virus had completely taken over my laptop, I couldn't do anything. The same thing happened with the Nextbook tablet I bought. It was my first tablet and I had heard that old myth that tablets couldn't catch viruses. That time I got away with being able to just return it to the store. I know some people that seem to never have a problem with viruses, they can get away with using little to no security at all but I seem to be prone to them. Mabe I'm doing something wrong.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

It's usually caused by linking to or downloading from bad websites. I know what you mean though, I have friends who don't have any protection and never seem to get infected or anything.